Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* San Francisco (Union Square East) InterContinental

paly1
By paly1,
in

Hi there,

Looking to book a nice hotel for parents this weekend through the week - dates 12/8/12 - 12/13/12.

Everything 8th - 13th is coming up as nearer the $250 mark for this area and 4 1/2 star, so I split the search (in reverse!)....

I am getting an offer of $131 for the nights 12/10 - 12/13 same 4 1/2 star - amenities as follows:

Indoor Pool, Fitness Centre, Restaurant, BUsiness Centre, High Speed INternet, Accessible for Blind/Deaf/path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible parking, Handicapped Parking, ROll in shower, 95 % recommended.

Low and behold I also have the choice of:

$142 same amenities!

I am thinking they are the Taj and the Intercontinental - Any chance of a confirmation and knowing which is which and if you are a san fran'er which would you prefer!?:)

My stratergy is to get one of these and then book through their own website for first two nights - still saving a whole chunk this way for a nice hotel...

Lastly, I can get the $131 price for 12/9 thru 12/13 as well but not the other choice so does this help with identification??

Many thanks,

Paly:)

I'm only seeing one 4.5* hotel offered when i search your dates of 12/10-12/13, and i'll speculate that even though you may be seeing two hotels offered at slightly different prices, that they may be the same hotel... if there is a breakdown of ratings from previous HOTWIRE guests ("Overall rating, room comfort, location, cleanliness, etc") are the ratings the same for both offers?

My guess for the 4.5* i'm seeing is the InterContinental... i don't believe the Taj has a pool, which would eliminate this property from the possibilities.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases. (also, if you do book this thru HOTWIRE and get the InternContinental, please also use our InterContinental link (also found in our Support Page) for the additional hotel-direct purchase)

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the Intercontinental heads up! It was the one we wanted more...

So I tried 12/09 thru 12/13 - 4 nights and Hotwire gave me a price of $161 - still a better deal adding the 4th night at this rate as the rack rate is over $200.

I then went ahead and used your Intercontinental link and booked $269 for the first night - slurged on a King Suite! ....I am hoping they let them stay in that room the entire stay:)....what are our chances?

Here was the final booking:

InterContinental San Francisco

888 Howard Street,

San Francisco, CA, 94103

Check-in

Sun, Dec 9, 2012 3:00 PM

Check-out

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 12:00 PM

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s) Fitness Center Restaurant(s)

Business Center High-Speed Internet Access Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf Accessible path of travel In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom Handicapped parking Roll-in shower

Hotel Rate per night: $161.00

Nights: 4

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: $104.96

Subtotal: $748.96

Trip total: $748.96

Congratulations on your success!

Nicely done pairing the 'retail' and 'opaque' options in order to get the best deal for this trip.

When you check-in, after the first room is assigned, let the front desk know that you have a separate but continuous reservation for additional nites, and ask if they can block the room for you so that you won't need to change mid-stay.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE (and InterContinental) links on the board to begin your purchase(s).

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]