Priceline Hotel: 4* Orange County (Newport - Huntington Beach) Fairmont Newport Beach

Linh
By Linh,
in

Hello! I have been trying for weeks with no luck on getting a bid accepted for the Disneyland Anaheim South Orange- Garden Grove area. My maximum bid is $85 a night for a 3.5 star hotel. I can go up to $100 if really necessary. Could someone please help me? Thank you! :D

Please follow-up your previous Priceline San Francisco thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your stay above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates are high for these dates, i suspect due to the NAMM Convention (1/24-1/27) which gets an attendance of nearly 100K people.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What are the 3.5* hotels you're seeing at $130-$150/nite... as rates in this zone that i'm seeing are more in the $200+ area? (i'm aware that the Priceline tab on this specific search produces an error, will hopefully have that fixed by tomorrow, but you can use the Hotels.com tab in the meantime which still loads properly)

Above you mention that you're looking at 3.5* hotels, so the only one of the ones that you listed that would be a possible outcome for your bidding would be the Crowne Plaza Fullerton. However, this property isn't in the Disneyland Anaheim South Orange- Garden Grove that you're bidding... so that eliminates this property too as a possibility for the bidding that you've done.

Are you bidding less than 3.5* OR bidding for other zones besides the Disneyland Anaheim South Orange- Garden Grove zone?

So what I would like is to win a 3.5 hotel for $150 or less.... I would take a 2.5 or 3 star hotel but I would prefer a 3.5.

Are you willing to bid up to $150 at this time? Is the Disneyland Anaheim South Orange- Garden Grove zone the only one you're willing to accept?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

...any region around Disneyland.

'Close' to Disneyland means different things to different people... please list the zones, by PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Also, to confirm... you have not yet bid any other zone(s)? You prefer the least expensive 3.5* or better in any of the zones you're willing to accept (as opposed to first bidding up to $150 in only the Disneyland Anaheim South Orange- Garden Grove zone?

I did not realize there was a convention going on at the same time.

This is why you should use the BiddingHelper.com to research prices for your particular dates... by only following winning bids of others (with no regard for demand for your own dates) you could be drastically underbidding or overbidding for your stay.

When bidding 3.5* in this region you have ELEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Disneyland South...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Disneyland North...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Disneyland South and Disneyland North...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sorry to see you clicked the wrong zone and ended up in an area you didn't intend.

While not there location you wanted, with hotel direct rates at this property starting $160+ for your dates, this does appear to be a nice deal, so hopefully you'll be able to make it work for your needs.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]