Priceline Hotel: Paris 3* - 12/27 - 01/01

KreGg
By KreGg,
in

Hi you all, I'm looking for a hotel in Paris for those days.

Would prefer staying at around 60-70 euros per night. I would be even willing to go down on the stars level, to a 2*, last case.

I'm planning on bidding for a 3* or 4* hotel in those areas:

1. Champs Elysees - Arc De Triomphe

2. Eiffel Tower

3. Opera Quarter East - Les Halles

4. Opera Quarter West - Jardin des Tuileries

5. St. Germain

Anybody has been to Paris and know if staying in the Porte De Versailles area is good? If it is, I would include it also.

Any help building a bidding plan? Thanks!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread with your maximum bid in US Dollars and we'll take a closer look at your stay.

For your first round of bidding did you want to try for a 4* hotel up to your maximum bid OR is the goal the least expensive 3* or better?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Anybody has been to Paris and know if staying in the Porte De Versailles area is good? If it is, I would include it also.

In the Hotel List at the very beginning of this Priceline - Other Countries area are all the hotels members have reported here as getting via Priceline Bidding. If members have also submitted reviews of the hotels, there are links to the reviews. And you can also check the hotels on www.tripadvisor.com.

It does look like the Priceline zones have changed, and Porte De Versailles is now a zone all by itself. It was in with the Eiffel Tower - Grenelle - Montparnasse zone. You can search the list on "Porte De Versailles" for hotels with that in their name and then research those hotels.

Also, under the Tools menu is Maps and Hotels. Using it you can see which hotels are in an area.

You can zoom in on the Priceline zone map and see the "M" for Metro stops. That will give you an idea of the public transportation possibilities.

I don't know about that particular area, but I got a hotel clear out in the La Defense area and found it to be very workable. I did submit a review for it. The Paris Metro system is excellent, IMO. And, while I think it is trickier to figure out, there is an extensive bus system.

Hotwire has a $133 3* P de V for your dates. Since one can sometimes do better with Priceline bidding, you've got a fighting chance of meeting your budget. But your chances are better the more zones you are willing to include in your bidding.

Romelle

Just noticed your dates in the topic title and i agree that this will be a very difficult win at any star level as NYE is typically a very high demand nite for hotels and there is little reason for them to offer rooms at a deep discount when they will likely be able to sell most rooms on their own.

When bidding 3* in Paris there are NO re-bid zones but you can bid as follows:

Select 3* Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower and OQE...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* OQW and St Germain...

Bid $65, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* OQW and Eiffel Tower and OQE...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Champs Elysees and St Germain...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* St Germain and Eiffel Tower and OQE...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* OQW and Champs Elysees...

Bid $75, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower and OQE and OQW...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower and OQE and St Germain...

Bid $80, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* St Germain and OQW and Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* St Germain and OQW and Champs Elysees and OQE...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* St Germain and OQW and Champs Elysees and Eiffel Tower and OQE...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tips Romelle. I had a look and think Porte de Versailles is an ok area for me.

I think Priceline is not working so good right now, as it was super slow to process my first bid, and now just gave me a message:

Thank you for your patience. We're still looking for a hotel room at your price and should have an answer for you within 15 minutes.

I was able to go through my biddings.

No luck till 90 USD.

I called a relative and got some help, which will boost my budget. I found a 4* hotel in North Champs Elisée for 150 USD on hotwire.

I ll keep that as a backup plan.

I want to try now till 140 USD or so, on a 4* hotel at either St. Germain, Champs Elisee, Eiffel Tower, or OQW or OQE.

If I can't get anything on priceline, then I book over hotwire.

Can I still bid today? Knowing that I tried till 90 USD?

Thanks

You can only bid a session every 24 hours. So, whenever you did your last thing today is when you can start tomorrow.

And maybe allow 5-10 minutes extra just to be sure. Because if you start a new session a bit early you again get shut out for a new 24 hour period.

Romelle

When bidding 4* in Paris you have TEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Champs Elysee, Eiffel Tower, OQW and OQE...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St. Germain...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $113, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* St. Germain, Champs Elysee, Eiffel Tower, or OQW or OQE...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $123, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $128, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

KreGg,

Do note the bidding pattern thereuare just gave you is only for 4* bidding. There are NO free rebids at the 3* level.

If you want to try both 4*s and 3*s in the same day, first use the 4* pattern. Then close your browser and come back in and use the original 3* pattern thereuare gave you.

If you want to bid both the 3*s and the 4*s you have to do the 4*s first.

Romelle

• 2 weeks later...

I typically use permutation bidding, but wanted to give the above a shot. What I don't get is how does Paris have 10 rebid zones? I only count four areas of 3* (Areas 3, 4 ,7, and 16)... Am I missing something?

Also, in the above rubric, you are first bidding on the four areas of Champs, Eiffel, OQW, and OQE at once together, yes? Then adding rebid zones. Then starting over and bidding only for St. Germain. Is that correct?

(I'll start a thread/post after success; I'm essentially just bidding for 12/31)

What I don't get is how does Paris have 10 rebid zones? I only count four areas of 3* (Areas 3, 4 ,7, and 16)... Am I missing something?

What you are missing is why one must check the rebid zones EVERY time just before bidding.

Back on November 23, 2012 when thereuare provided that pattern for you, there were indeed 10 rebid zones. Apparently a bunch of 4* hotels have since then started providing rooms to Priceline, and now there are only the four zones you mention that only have 3* or lower.

Good thing you checked first, huh? If you'd just bid without checking you could very well have gotten a room in one of those zones newly having 4* hotel rooms available.

Romelle

I most certainly check the zones EACH and EVERYTIME before I bid. And yes, I am glad I did so! Very interesting, I don't think I've ever noticed that large of a fluctuation in hotel *'s. I'd be curious to see if briefly for the 31st and dates very near, that some 3/3.5* were temporarily upgraded to 4*... Then return to lower *'s afterward!

ps- Thanks for the quick reply Romelle! :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]