Priceline Hotel: 3* Hamburg Leonardo Hamburg Stillhorn

YYZC2
By YYZC2,
in

Needed a place to lay my head for a night in Hamburg and didn't want to pay for a 5*, but would have preferred to avoid a cramped 2*. Decided to roll the dice on Priceline hoping for a nice hotel but limited myself to bidding up to a maximum of the going rate for an acceptable 2-3* (about 75 USD).

There is only one zone for Hamburg, and it is HUGE. Still, I figured I had a decent chance of getting near the center if I stayed in the 4-5* categories.

Started the bidding at $55 for a 5*, got refused, then added 4* and bumped to $60, also refused. Added 3*, bumped to $65 with the knowledge that that would be my last bid before I resigned myself to a 2*, and got a room at the Leonardo Stillhorn.

Appears to be a former Le Meridien south of the city, with an S-Bahn station about 3 KMs away. It's near the outer reaches of the bidding zone.

I am well aware that I could have bid more strategically, but since my plans were so flexible, I really didn't care too much and as I have achieved my goal of saving a few bucks vs a 2*, I'm happy. It's not the bargain of the century, but it will do and I hope the info is of some use to the board.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]