Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hollywood

nzpod
By nzpod,
in

27/12-29/12 (3 nights)

Please confirm your dates as the above would only be 2 nites (based upon the format we use on the board)... is your check-out actually 12/30, making this a 3 nite stay?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow, and please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At current rates my guess is that a 4* hotel at $110 or under may be tough, but to give it a try...

When bidding 4* in the Los Angeles area you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* BH-WH and Hollywood...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Downtown and Santa Monica...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* BH-WH and Hollywood and Downtown...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* BH-WH and Hollywood and Santa Monica...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $98, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* BH-WH and Hollywood and Downtown and Santa Monica...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $110

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

While a topic is open like this one, there now is a slick little button "Post Hotel WIn" that lets one quickly make the post. '

Sorry I don't know anything about the parking situation, but thought you'd enjoy the new posting feature on future wins. I also missed it until somebody pointed it out to me.

Romelle

It is a gamble. There are only 3 or 4 hotels in the 4* Hollywood zone, including The W. So those are your odds. Hotels seem to sort of run in streaks, but people have reporting bidding again one minute later for another room and getting a different hotel. To maximize the odds start with exactly the same amount as your current win, rather than exploring the lower levels first.

A couple months ago I bid in Budapest for a second room and got the same hotel as for my first bid. It is just that there is NO WAY to make sure with Priceline bidding.

You might look at the Hotwire hotel list and see if people have reported getting The W via Hotwire. And then see if any current offerings look like The W. If there is a good match with amenities the odds are a little better.

I looked it up yesterday, so don't remember exactly, but the Priceline retail rate for The W on your dates was a little over $300 a night. That of course is one way to get the same hotel.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]