Canada Vancouver Westin Grand Downtown

Jonavin
By Jonavin,
in

I just came back from my trip. The Westin Grand is a lovely hotel and the staff was great. I got a room a delux room on the 20th floor with a great view of the city.

If I really had to nic pic these are the only thing I would say about it.

1 - they have only two elevators and one night, one of them was broken.

2 - the pool is small as noted by smarttraveler, but it's good rarely used by other hotel guests so it's like you have it all to youself

The good stuff

1 - the hot whirlpool was an excellent way to relax after a day on Grouse Mountain, although you also have the Sauna and steam room to choose from

2 - taxis are always at the door waiting so it was easy to get transportation

3 - like everybody else said, friendly staff

• 6 months later...

Just a follow up to say what a great stay we had at the Westin Bayshore in Vancouver this week. They gave us free upgrades (for both rooms), possibly because we were Starwood members(?) to the big tower - and we ended up w/ larger 18th floor rooms with incredible views over the marina and towards the mountains and Stanley Park. May be worth it to become a Starwood member even for just this one stay if they are more likely to upgrade you (there's no cost and my friend signed up there at the hotel).

The location next to Stanley park was awesome- we walked all over the park with no problem. Concierge was helpful in finding great breakfast place nearby for WAY less than hotel buffet (a Dutch place), as well as superb Thai and great Chinese/Dim Sum restaurants. A bit of a walk to shopping districts, but we never drove once we arrived and simply walked all over.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]