Hotwire Hotel: Help identifying 2.5* Vancouver Entertainment District (Hotwire)

yogangsta
By yogangsta,
in

I'm seeking help identifying a 2.5* hotel in Vancouver (Entertainment District) on Hotwire

Searched Dates: Nov 25-27 (2 nights)

Available at $60 Per Night

Amenities: Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Does anyone know what this hotel might be?

In order to get 2 beds using Hotwire I used to specify 3 people/room. It now appears that Hotwire is adding additional fees (on top of the increased room rate) when I specify a third person. Is this now common with Hotwire? If so, does this mean there's no longer a way to get 2 beds using Hotwire without paying the extra (significant) fee?

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Is the hotel and price in your first post when searching for 2adults or 3adults? Are you actually triple/quad occupancy OR are you only including more than double occupancy in order to have separate sleeping accommodations (also keep in mind that the second 'bed' could be a pullout sofabed or rollaway brought into the room)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I searched for 1 room with 2 people and then 1 room with 3 people (to get a second bed/sofa bed.) There are 2 adults in my party. Here are the results:

Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Boutique Hotel, Smoke Free Rooms, Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Rate per night: CAD59.89

Nights: 2

Rooms: 1

Tax recovery charges & fees: CAD24.89

Subtotal: CAD144.68

Trip total: CAD144.68

Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, High-Speed Internet Access

Rate per night: CAD68.01

Tax recovery charges & fees: CAD76.81

Subtotal: CAD212.83

Trip total: CAD212.83

The above are two different hotels, so you can't compare the room rates of each and claim that HOTWIRE is charging more and adding additional fees.

There are many plausible explanations for what you're seeing above, but one of the easiest to understand:

Hotel 1 charges $60 for a room but is not available for more than 2 adults. The next best priced hotel (Hotel 2) has a double occupancy rate of $68/nite but puts any extra occupancy fees into the 'taxes and fees' line item.

Have you tried searching HOTWIRE for 2adults/2children as this accomplishes the same objective regarding the number of beds and often times hotel won't charge for children, so the price remains the same as if you had searched for only 2adults.

Also, for the first property i believe there are more amenities then what you've posted above. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Please change the country drop down menu on the top right of HOTWIRE's page to United States (and if necessary the currency to US Dollars). Then continue to search HOTWIRE and post to the board in US Dollars so that rates are consistent and not subject to interpretation due to future currency fluctuation. Once you're ready to purchase simply change the drop down menu to whatever currency you'd like to use and complete your purchase.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the tip about entering 2 adults/2 children... that removed the increase in fee. :)

I'm still hoping you may be able to help Id the 2.5* Hotel. Here's the full amenities listing:

2.5-star Hotel in Vancouver Downtown Shopping and Entertainment District

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Boutique Hotel

Smoke Free Rooms Guest

Laundry Facilities

High-Speed Internet Access Guestrooms

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

And here is the price quoted:

Location: Vancouver Downtown Shopping and Entertainment District

Star rating: 2.5-star

Check-in date: Sun, Nov 25

Check-out date: Tue, Nov 27

Amenities: See all amenities

Price summary

Hotel

Rate per night: $60.00

Tax recovery charges

& fees: $24.52

Subtotal: $144.52

Trip total: $144.52

Prices are in US Dollar (USD)

Any idea what this hotel might be?

Thanks again for your assistance.

• 1 year later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or the links in our Support Page for your future hotel direct purchases, where we have links to most of the major hotel chains and online booking agencies.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]