Priceline Hotel: San Francisco 2* - Union Square East

KreGg
By KreGg,
in

Hey guys, I'm going to be visiting San Francisco and stay there for 16 straight nights.

I was having an early look on hotwire and saw they have a 2* hotel, most likely to be Grant Plaza going for 74$ per night.

So I was thinking maybe on Priceline I can get a similar hotel cheaper.

I saw that on Union Square East at Priceline the only 2* hotel is Baldwin (I know that the list can change, but I would take any 2* star hotel at that area).

The problem is that checking on the Baldwin website directly, they don't have availability for all those days.

So what do you think? Probably I would not get it at Priceline also huh?

So maybe I was thinking of trying to bid for the 2.5* hotel in that same area (Executive Vintage Hotel) and see if I can get it for less than this price.

Since it's still 3 months ahead, I have lots of time to be patient and bid and rebid and search for the best price.

Would somebody mind helping me building a bidding plan for a 2 and 2.5* in Union Square East - SF. Knowing that it's selling for 74$ in hotwire, maybe I could start with half of that and go up slowly throughout the weeks.

Thanks

If you don't want to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID i wouldn't sit on this too long, as it's not always that easy to get a 16 nite stay... you need a hotel to have discounted inventory for every nite of your date range. If the hotel is busy for even just one nite and doesn't offer deeply discounted inventory to PRICELINE for this one nite, it can effect your ability to get a win at that property.

When bidding 2.5* in San Francisco you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* USE...

Bid $53, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $55

If the above is rejected i'd try again every 24 hours using the following pairs:

$58/$60, $63/$65, $68/$70

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]