Hotwire Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) The Kitano

nmanatious
By nmanatious,
in

08-18/Nov, min. 3*, areas: UES, UWS, Midtown, Central Park, Chelsea, Madison Sq.

To avoid any confusion please use the names as they appear at PRICELINE... does 'Midtown' mean MTE or MTW or both? For 'Central Park' to you mean 'Central Park South'?

Would be willing to change hotels

Do you want to first try up to your maximum bid for the complete stay, then if rejected try SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID... or is it worth changing hotels even to save just a few dollars?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- i assume you are familiar with the city and need to be in this general area, as UES and UWS are not bid that often and are not typically the most convenient for the average user (each goes pretty far north, especially at 3.5* and under)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Answering your first question: sorry for the misunderstanding, I meant both Midtown areas (MTE and MTW) and Central Park South. Considering your tip I would avoid UES and UWS if bidding for 3*. As per the second inquiry, I think it would be better to try for the whole stay (if you think it is possible to get it) and if I'm not successful then I would split the days. Looking forward to your tips!

Thanks!

I've successfully gotten both a nine and a 10 day stay. Definitely worth a shot at first.

But when you try splitting, there are lots of ways to do it. Simply splitting your stay into a couple different sections minimizes the time you'd spend checking in and out. But if those aren't working, you might consider the first Thu, Fri and Sat as one split, then Sun-Thu, and then Fri and Sat. That separates the weekdays from the weekend days mostly. The beauty of being able to split one's bid is that all the different combinations make it possible to keep bidding within the same session.

To research for specific event or holiday spikes, it can be useful to check the individual days on Hotwire, some general system like Expedia that shows individual day rates, or even the hotel web sites themselves.

You don't have a lot of time left, so you'll need to make each bidding session hunt through as much as possible.

Romelle

So to confirm the details:

ZONES: MTE, MTW, CPS, Chelsea, MSG

STAR RATING: 3* or higher

MAX BID: $190

When bidding 3* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zone. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* MTE...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTW...

Select 3* CPS...

Select 3* MSG...

Select 3* Chelsea...

Select 3* MTE and MTW and CPS...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MSG...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MTW and CPS...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE and MSG...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and MTW and CPS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Chelsea and MTE...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE and MTW and Chelsea and CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MTE and MTW and Chelsea and MSG...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and CPS and MTE and MTW...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and CPS and MTE and Chelsea...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* MSG and CPS and MTE and MTW and Chelsea...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190

You can start with the above but i have a few more zone comments...

Note that when bidding 3.5* and lower:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

TS - i would think would still put you centrally located for your plans... is this zone acceptable?

If the above is rejected for 11/8-11/18, you could then repeat for the following date ranges:

11/9-11/18

11/8-11/17

11/10-11/18

11/8-11/16

11/11-11/18

11/8-11/15

11/12-11/18

11/8-11/14

11/13-11/18

11/8-11/13

... or if you think TS is also acceptable and/or want to remove MTE and/or CPS let us know and we can revise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congrats on your success.

Awesome win, especially for a longer-term stay in one of the busiest times of the year.

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this HOTWIRE listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]