Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Airport OHare ORD North) Hilton Airport

djs
By djs,
in

Got the O'Hare Hilton for $73 ($91 after taxes fees). Would have been $138 after taxes/fees on Hilton's site. Amenities were as follows:

Indoor pool(s)

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Used HOTWIRE link from this site.

Thanks, one thing that comes to mind is that one of the ammenities Hotwire listed was an "airport shuttle". Not that it's a big deal, but I'm guessing this one doesn't have an airport shuttle...unless there's one that takes you to other terminals.

Interestingly, the main reason I booked through Hotwire instead of Priceline is that I needed something with a shuttle (or was located in the airport as the case may be). When one is bidding on Priceline and selects an airport location, can they be pretty comfortable that there will in fact be a shuttle or are they better off buying from Hotwire where a shuttle is specifically listed? My guess is that I could have saved about $10 by bidding on Priceline, but one will never know.

I'd guess the majority of ORD properties at higher star ratings do offer shuttle (to some degree if not 24 hr), but shuttle availability is more scattered at lower star ratings. In general, the only way to ensure a shuttle is via HOTWIRE with a listing that shows a shuttle amenity; using PRICELINE to get an airport hotel with a shuttle may be riskier depending on location and star rating.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]