Priceline Hotel: 4* or Resort in in Waikiki Beach area 1/4-1/8

ilovehawaiii
By ilovehawaiii,
in

I need help bidding on a price line hotel from 1/4/13-1/8/13. I'm hoping something around $120>. I know that it seems low but I was able to get the hyatt in maui at $115 exact same time last year, so I'm hoping for the same luck! Anyway, I want to know if this is realistic. Ideally we'd like to stay at the sheraton waikiki or the westin maybe?? but really not TOO picky.. just want to stay on the waikiki beach and get a great deal! btw, does anyone know why I can't bid for a north shore hotel?

thanks

I already tried bidding on the resorts at 90, 100, 110, 120 in all the sub areas that didn't have resorts... any tips are greatly appreciated

Welcome to BetterBidding!

If you haven't yet, please start by reading your messages.

Based upon current rates i think $120 will likely be tough... $140-$165 is usually the more range in this region.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find thru conventional booking channels for a 4* or better hotel in this zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Given your rejected bids you know that $120 is not enough for a 4* or higher hotel at this time... rates could come down, or they could stay the same or move higher.

If you want to stick with the $120 maximum bid at this time, you can try as follows:

When bidding a minimum star rating of 4* in this region you have THREE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $110, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Waikiki Beach...

Bid $115, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $118, if rejected add re-bid zone2...

Bid $120

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us updated on your progress.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I don't know what threads you're seeing but are you sure you aren't confusing the resort class Sheraton Waikiki Beach with the 3 star Sheraton Princess Kaiulani? Almost all of the bids that I see over the past year for the Sheraton Waikiki Beach have been $150+ per night. Don't forget, your dates overlap a bit into primetime holiday at the beginning of January as well. Good luck with the bidding!

I was looking at the Sheraton Waikiki Beach for sure! However to clarify, I think it was $120 bid + whatever fees. I guess I'm thinking open to paying a little more... for a 4*/resort but what should I be bidding at to even have a shot. And considering its in january will I have better luck later? When i won my hyatt one @ $115 it was a week before the trip.

I was looking at the Sheraton Waikiki Beach for sure! However to clarify, I think it was $120 bid + whatever fees. I guess I'm thinking open to paying a little more... for a 4*/resort but what should I be bidding at to even have a shot. And considering its in january will I have better luck later? When i won my hyatt one @ $115 it was a week before the trip.

I'm not sure why we're seeing different search results, but I don't see anyone in recent history winning the Sheraton Waikiki beach for less than $149 per night (plus taxes, resort fees etc). If you don't mind potentially staying in two different hotels, I'd consider splitting my bid. Lots of people are on vacation right up until the end the week you're arriving. You'll notice that for your dates, Hotwire offers no 4* hotels, and Priceline has no 4* or resort express deals for the Waikiki Beach zone. If you switch your dates to Jan 7-8, you get Priceline express deals for a 4* and resort for $230+. Hotwire shows a 4* for $194 per night.

If I were to guess though, I think it's going to take a $160+ bid for you to win a 4* or resort in the Waikiki Beach zone for any time during your stay. Hopefully you get lucky though, you still have some time!

Nobody can say if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your stay, but for a further discussion on this subject see the related 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

Rates are date specific, and if you check rates at the Sheraton website for your dates you'll see the Sheraton Waikiki is currently offered at $3000+ per nite, so some event is likely happening at this hotel or in the immediate area that is making them near sold-out... i wouldn't expect to win this property for these dates on a PRICELINE bid (unless it's a mistake and the price corrects itself over the next few days)

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find for a 4* property for your dates? What is the best rate for a Resort? Are you willing to pay more for a Resort class property vs. a 4* OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better?

Keep in mind that this PRICELINE zone extends a bit further than just the beach and some 4* hotels, like THIS ONE, are not directly on the beach and may require a short walk to get there... would this be acceptable?

Let us know the above and we'll take it from there.

You have to pay what you have to pay. Two years ago you could get resorts in Waikiki for < $90, but not right now.

The prices now are running quite high - I've been bidding up to the $170 range per night for Resort Waikiki and still no success. I think I'm getting close however... As was mentioned - you may need to bid closer to your check-in date...

...its for the hawaiian prince hotel you mentioned

... but this hotel is not in the Waikiki Beach zone, so not an apples-to-apples comparison. Is the marina zone acceptable too?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]