Priceline Hotel: Express deals

Queerasmoi
By Queerasmoi,
in

I did a (regular) search on Priceline for November 9-12, and noticed the Express Deals tab. Do these hotels' star ratings match up with the ones you get with Name Your Own Price?

Notably I see: Convention Center - Lloyd Center Area 2*, $67/night. The only 2* that matches that in the lists is Jupiter (where I'd be happy to stay again) but who knows what else it could be.

Another shows up as Downtown Portland Area, 2*, rated 8.0/10 or higher, $63/night.

Few different comments regarding the above...

The Express Deals star ratings should have the same star rating at the other PRICELINE products, but as this is a new feature on PRICELINE (one which we haven't seen that many purchases with yet), it's hard to say for certain.

The bigger issue is that as per the top of the Priceline Hotel List, it specifically states:

This list is NOT a complete list of all hotels that Priceline offers in this area, it is ONLY a compilation of hotels that have already been reported on this forum. Hotels are added/removed by Priceline all the time, and star ratings can change at ANY time.
So even if we knew for sure that the star ratings were the same throughout, the fact that only one 2* hotel has been reported to the board in this zone doesn't mean that this is the only possibility.

For help with the Express Deals properties above please add a reply with the star rating, price, amenities associated with the property, and the minimum review rating shown for each.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay here is every detail:

11/09-11/12

2* Convention Center - Lloyd Center Area $67/night

This Hotel has: Free Breakfast | Free Internet | Free Parking

(No rating at all - the space where there'd normally be a rating is blank)

2* Downtown Portland Area $63/night

This Hotel Has: Free Breakfast | Free Internet | Pets Allowed | Business Center | Fitness Center

Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

I suppose the absence of Jupiter from Priceline's list view may be a sign that it's not in their NYOP stock anymore. I notice that Quality Inn Downtown Convention Center appears in List View as "Free breakfast, free internet in room and free parking" with 2*, so maybe that's the first one in my list?

The Express Deals product is still very new and we continue to learn and collect information, but my guess for each:

2* Convention Center - Lloyd Center Area $67/night

This property is offered when i search but when i click to book i get a message that it's no longer available. However, based upon the description you provided i would think the Shilo Inn and Quality Inn would each be among the possibilities.

2* Downtown Portland Area $63/night

Mark Spencer Hotel

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Interesting. I clicked Choose on the $67 just now, and it proceeds to the booking screen.

But given the choice and the reviews, I'd take Mark Spencer anyway over Shilo or Quality at the Convention Center. That being said, Mark Spencer has their own "bid for your room" functionality so I could just as well try directly.

Is there something special you are doing to identify or is it just a matter of comparing with past results?

Given how new the Express Deals product is, neither of these hotels have yet been reported to the board, so we research them based upon whatever clues are provided by PRICELINE.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]