Priceline Hotel: Need help on 4* NYC 12/29-12/30

YoPhilly
By YoPhilly,
in

To confirm... you want to bid for a 4* hotel in the CPS zone up to $250 before trying the other alternate zones?

If this is correct i would try as follows:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* CPS...

Bid $125, if reject add re-bid zone1...

Bid $145, if reject add re-bid zone2...

Bid $155, if reject add re-bid zone3...

Bid $165, if reject add re-bid zone4...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and re-bid zone5...

Bid $180, if reject add re-bid zone1...

Bid $185, if reject add re-bid zone2...

Bid $190, if reject add re-bid zone3...

Bid $195, if reject add re-bid zone4...

Bid $200, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and re-bid zone6...

Bid $205, if reject add re-bid zone1...

Bid $210, if reject add re-bid zone2...

Bid $215, if reject add re-bid zone3...

Bid $220, if reject add re-bid zone4...

Bid $225, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* CPS and re-bid zone5 and re-bid zone6...

Bid $230, if reject add re-bid zone1...

Bid $235, if reject add re-bid zone2...

Bid $240, if reject add re-bid zone3...

Bid $245, if reject add re-bid zone4...

Bid $250

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

FYI, you do realize that you can make all the bids above in one bidding session and don't need to wait 24 hours between bids?

If you're confused or uncertain how that can be just post back and we'll break it down further for you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've bid up as high as $260 but no luck. I see that hotel prices for that date are through the roof, so I'm not surprised my bid was unsuccessful.

I'm trying to decide whether to continue to bid higher and roll the dice on a hotel, or just pay $375 for the exact hotel location I prefer. I may just let this one go. What are your thoughts?

Assuming the $375/nite rate is fully refundable i'd book that as a cancellable back-up and continue to try PRICELINE in the weeks ahead in hopes of catching some lower priced inventory added to the system. However, i'll also add that there is a lot of room between your $260/nite maximum bid and the $375/nite you're willing to pay to book direct.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of further help along the way.

Is the $375/nite hotel refundable and did you book as a back-up?

Do you need to constantly go back-forth from your hotel to the location in the Lincoln Center area? If not, why not expand your zones a bit in hopes of a better deal... even if you need top pay $10 for a taxi 2x-3x throughout your trip by staying in a nearby zone, it could end up being cheaper than $375/nite.

Still rejected - up as high as $275. Here's what I bid last night.

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Central Park South, Long Island City, Queensborough Bridge $275

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Queensborough Bridge, Central Park South $255

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Central Park South $240

There are no 4* in Long Island City or QBridge, so I used them for re-bids.

I can add Times Square area but have a question....

If I start my bidding all over again, what's the best strategy at this point? I'd take a 4* in either Central Park South, Midtown West or Times Square. I'd go up at high as $300-325.

Thanks for your help.

Still rejected - up as high as $275. Here's what I bid last night.

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Central Park South, Long Island City, Queensborough Bridge $275

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Queensborough Bridge, Central Park South $255

12/29/2012 12/30/2012 Midtown West, Central Park South $240

There are no 4* in Long Island City or QBridge, so I used them for re-bids.

I can add Times Square area but have a question....

If I start my bidding all over again, what's the best strategy at this point? I'd take a 4* in either Central Park South, Midtown West or Times Square. I'd go up at high as $300-325.

Thanks for your help.

My question wasn't very clear. What I mean is....if I click the link to start all over again, can I start at a lower bid than my last bid of $275? Here's what I'm considering:

4* Midtown West $260

4* Central Park South $265

4* Times Square $270

4* Queensborough Bridge (there aren't any) $275

4* Morningside/Harlem (there aren't any) $280

4* Long Island City (there aren't any) $285

Does this make any sense, or should I start this bidding at $275 and keep going up?

Still no luck. I bid:

4* Midtown West $260

4* Central Park South $270

4* Times Square $275

4* Queensborough Bridge (there aren't any) $280

4* Morningside/Harlem (there aren't any) $285

4* Long Island City (there aren't any) $290

I know rates are high that weekend, but am I doing this right???

You can break it down further (select MTW and CPS, then go from the starting bid and work higher using re-bidding zones; if that doesn't work, start over again at the prior starting bid again and work up once again using re-bidding zones.) Please let us know if you have any questions regarding re-bidding before bidding. Unfortunately, the way rates are looking, a winning bid will likely require over the $300 level for a 4* in these zones for this date.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

What is your current maximum bid? Which zones are acceptable and you're willing to stay in? Are you able to identify your SIX re-bid zones when bidding 4* in the NYC area? (if not, see Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free (highly recommended) to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding)

Let us know the above and we'll suggest a step-by-step strategy for you to follow.

I'm willing to stay in a 4* in Midtown West, Central Park South or Times Square. Maximum bid is $340

4* Midtown West

Six rebid zones:

4* Central Park South

4* Times Square

4* Queensborough Bridge (there aren't any)

4* Morningside/Harlem (there aren't any)

4* Long Island City (there aren't any)

4* Coney Island (there aren't any)

Thanks for your help. I've used your link for every bid.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]