Priceline Hotel: Tips for FLL - Nov 28-29

jscout
By jscout,
in

First off, kudos to all the people who keep this service going. EXCELLENT content! First time poster here and based on stuff I've learned here, I got bold and made my first bids last Thursday. I need a room for two nights pre-cruise (11/28 & 11/29). Sailing Celebrity Millenium on 11/30 (my wife's birthday) out of FLL. Having done some research, I think I like the Embassy Suites but would "settle" for the Marriott Marina, so this is what I did.

First bid, FLL-Downtown, 3 stars, $41 (I know, lowball, I learn quick) - REJECTED (big surprise)

Second bid, added Miramar (since I know they have no 3 star or higher hotels listed), $46 - REJECTED again

So now that my 72 hours are up, I want to rebid again. I was going to repeat the two steps above but begin at $51. But I read the recent post about Amerisuites so now I'm not sure anymore. Maybe I should consider this 2.5 star hotel.

Few questions:

1. Do all the hotels I mentioned (Amerisuites, Embassy Suites and Marriott Marina) offer both a free shuttle from the airport and to Port Everglades? I know ES has it both ways and now I know Amerisuites at least has it to Port Everglades.

2. Did I bid correctly as described above? Are my bids even reasonable? Any other tips or recommendations?

3. Would the FLL-Beach area be a reasonable alternative? Any recommendations there?

Sorry for the long post, but I figure I'd squeeze in as much as possible so that all those volunteering assistance can be as informed as possible. Thanks to all in advance.

Welcome to BetterBidding.Com and remember to use SavingsBarn.Com for you bidding!

We are presently in the 2.5* Amerisuites near the Port and enjoy it ($40 PL bid). It has FREE shuttle service ROUNDTRIP to/from Port for the asking. PLUS FREE CAR PARKING while cruising! And the Bountiful Breakfast Buffet was very nice this morning. :)

Welcome to BetterBidding.

Yes you're bidding correctly (if you are refering to the zone you used as a re-bid). HOWEVER, if you decide to switch to 2.5* hotels (going for the AmeriSuites) remember that Mirimar would NO LONGER be a re-bid zone (because it does have 2.5* hotels).

Your bids may be a bit low as the Embassy Suites tends to have seasonal pricing with Priceline/Hotwire. Depending upon hotel trends my guess would be it will ultimately take a bid in the mid-$50's to low-$70's to be successful. This is what i would do....

Check Hotwire for your dates as you should easily be able to figure out when the ES and AS are being offered and at what Hotwire prices (see the FLORIDA>> HOTWIRE HOTEL LIST for details on what star ratings and amenities to look for). I just checked and the ES is priced at $190 and the AS is not coming up on my search (the 2.5* shown without the "S" icon is NOT the AmeriSuites). This tells me that the ES has probably not yet released discounted inventory to Priceline/Hotwire. Keep an eye on this, doing a search every few days, and i believe that you will eventually see the price come down to more appropriate levels. At that point you should try your Priceline bid, or if you really prefer the ES, pay the few extra dollars and get it thru Hotwire.

I don't know the area well enough to know how viable of an option the Beach zone but HERE is a thread that may help you make a decision. My opinion though is that most people on cruises stay in the Downtown area (but then again, most are only looking for one nite), and it's way too early to be compromising and taking your second choice.

Feel free to ask any questions the above may have raised.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]