Priceline Hotel: help in bid straegy pls

Tiffy
By Tiffy,
in

HI there. I am in need of yet another hotel on priceline and need some help :]

I am looking for a 3.5-4* hotel anywhere near Universal Studios in Hollywood, California for 10/25 for one night. I want my max is stay under 85$. When you have the time, can you please let me know the best plan to succeed in a bid for this area? Thanks alot! :]

If you look at the PRICELINE map Universal Studios sits just east of the Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley (Universal City) zone... is this the zone you're looking at?

Also, are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this stay.

Let us know the above and we'll have a look at rates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and please click each of these links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

my goal is for the least expensive 3.5 or better for my one night stay. I was either looking at the universal city zone or the los angeles zone (downtown or hollywood) since they are also around the same area but the closest is the best (obviously) but it also depends if you think i could get a 4 or 3.5 around the same price in either area..your the pro! :]]

my goal is for the least expensive 3.5 or better for my one night stay.... but the closest is the best (obviously) but it also depends if you think i could get a 4 or 3.5 around the same price in either area

Well if your goal is the least expensive 3.5* or better than you'll never specifically be bidding for a 4* hotel, that would only result if your 3.5* bid is updated. The issue with proximity to Universal Studios is that this location is not in any zone but sits at the edge of two different zones. Since we don't know the location within the zone that you will receive, it's impossible to say which zone would get you close (ie- the eastern edge of one zone would get you closer vs. the western edge of the other zone... and vice versa)
I was either looking at the universal city zone or the los angeles zone (downtown or hollywood)...
Keep in mind that Universal City is in a different region than Downtown and Hollywood (the former is in the 'Los Angeles - San Fernando Valley' region while the latter in the 'Los Angeles' region) so also let us know if you're willing to put in extra time bidding this for the best price OR if you're willing to perhaps overpay $5-$10 in order to save some time (not sure if time or money is more important to you at the moment)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I think your budget may fall a little short for this nite but you can try:

When bidding 3.5* in Los Angeles you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3.5* Hollywood...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Downtown...

Bid $63, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $68, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* Hollywood and Downtown...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected and you want to try Universal City, you have FIVE re-bid zones available at the 3.5* in this region...

Select 3.5* Universal City...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 6 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]