Priceline Hotel: 4* New York City (Empire State Building) St. Giles - The Court

Assi
By Assi,
in

Hi,

I'm going to be in Manhattan for the day, this coming Sunday, before heading off on Monday morning.

In January I stayed for the night at the Hilton Doubletree in TS and enjoyed it (for $95+taxes). Looking for something around the same quality, but not necessarily in the same area (for the sake of variety).

Any recommendations and price guidelines for this? I am not sure which area to go for. I guess somewhere that would have a nice atmosphere during the evening, where I can grab a bite to eat, etc.

Thanks, Assi.

Hi, and thanks for the quick response.

Budget and rating, looking for at 3.5*.

In terms of zones and budget, I guess that's my question. I would like to not spend too much above $200 (ideally inc. taxes).

I suppose I could stick with midtown, TS, etc. But I'm open to suggestions. This is going to be a very quick stop, so I'd like it to be a nice spot if possible.

Thanks again,

Assi.

While this is a more expensive time of year than January, Sunday is the slowest nite of the week for NYC hotels and your budget shouldn't be an issue as something in the $135 and under (bid price) should be easily do-able for a 4* hotel, so it ultimately comes down to what you want for this trip... is Times Square still acceptable OR do you want a different area? Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip? Do you have any plans for this trip where we could take direct subway access to where you will be spending most of your time into consideration?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi again,

TS is still fine. I also stayed before a bit further north (forgot the hotel names), and that was fine. I just thought perhaps there are recommendations for places I don't know (only spend a couple a days a year for work in Manhattan, as you can gather).

I guess my goal is to get the best hotel (be it 3.5* or 4*) for that price range. Don't need any special ameneties, like a pool, etc. Mainly interested in a nice clean room :-)

$135 + taxes sounds perfect.

I'm only in town during Sunday, so I was planning to do some sight seeing by walking / subway'ing. I don't have any firm plans as yet, really. So a subway station nearby will definitely come in handy, but it doesn't need to be on any particular line.

Thanks again, Assi.

What appears to be the St Giles the Court is offered on HOTWIRE for $114/nite and that would be the best deal for a 4* hotel, imo. Alternately you could bid on PRICELINE for the MTE, MTW, TS, CPS and/or ESB zones in hopes for something a little cheaper but you won't be able to guess (or target) the hotel you may receive and need to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating you choose.

Given 4* hotels are within your budget i'd recommend sticking with these over a 3.5* as i don't think you'll save that much by lowering your star rating and there are some zones you may want to avoid at the 3.5* level due to location and room size issues (but of course if this is the route you decide to take we'll be happy to assist with this route as well)

As far as the St. Giles The Court, this property has not been reported to the board thru PRICELINE since it was converted from a W Hotel, so i don't think this offer would be available thru PRICELINE (unless they recently started offering their property thru PRICELINE's Name Your Own Price side of the service)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you. The St Giles looks like a good option for me (and it's very close to where I need to pick up the car on Monday morning).

I tried searching on Hotwire, but couldn't see anything for $114. Could it have gone by now? Are you still able to see this listed?

If this is not available, and I wanted to stick to 4* then, in the areas you listed, what would your bidding strategy be?

Thanks, Assi.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]