Hotwire Hotel: 3* Las Vegas (Downtown) Plaza Hotel

MitchT
By MitchT,
in

Please use separate threads for each leg of your trip... we will use this thread for the Strip North leg of your stay, feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for the Downtown portion of your trip.

As far as when to bid there is no set answer, but for a discussion on this subject see the 'Bid Early or Close to Check-in' link in our PRICELINE FAQ.

What star rating are you seeking for these first two nites of your trip? Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel within your desired zone(s) and star rating? How much of a discount would you need to see in order to lock-in a non-refundable purchase at this point in time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Nobody can say if rates will drop at all, and if so by how much, but with current rates for a 5* hotel in the Strip North zone at $200+ (and some at $399/nite) you would need to see a substantial rate drop in order to be successful at $100 or less in the Strip North zone. While anything is possible... i would not think this to be probable. (although i do think you can get something close to this for a 5* in the Strip South zone)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If bidding for 4* in Strip North, the Mirage or Treasure Island are the two *reported* (meaning, a change not reported to the board yet MAY appear as a win) properties (see: Priceline Hotel List Nevada) and there is no way to increase the odds of a particular property when bidding.

Given that I'm seeing what appears to be TI or Mirage for $89 on HOTWIRE and you have quite a lot of time to try lower bids, I'd suggest starting at $55 and working up by $3's using re-bidding. If you have any questions about re-bidding, please ask *before* bidding, as proceeding correctly when re-bidding (and being aware that the resort level is higher than 4* in the PRICELINE hierarchy, which has caused problems previously) is extremely important in Vegas.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi, thanks for all your help on my other current bidding process.

I am looking to stay at the Golden Nugget on Mar 22-24.

It looks like that may be the same re-bidding process as the 4* i am trying to get on the strip earlier in the trip.

Golden Nugget is going for $134 a night right now on Hotwire.

Where should I start my bidding if I am in no hurry?

Thanks!

When bidding 4* in Las Vegas you have FOUR re-bid zones (NOTE: Summerlin is NOT one of them!!) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Are you able to identify and comfortable with your re-bid zones? If not let us know and we will break it down further for you... we'll then follow-up with a suggested bidding strategy.

Are you now bidding 4* in the Strip North zone? Are you using your re-bid zones? (at the 4* level you have FOUR re-bid zones... Summerlin is not one of them) If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

What is your maximum bid for this trip?

I think i mistakenly merged your two threads and have since moved the only post i saw regarding your downtown stay to this Priceline Las Vegas thread... please update that post with any bidding you have already done for the downtown leg of your trip.

For 4* bidding you have your FOUR re-bid zones above correct, but always make sure to double check them just before bidding to make sure that nothing has changed since you last looked.

How high are you willing to bid for a 4* hotel in the Strip North zone?

Using your FOUR re-bid zones i would try:

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]