Hotwire Hotel: HELP: Mexico

mbinsj
By mbinsj,
in

Cabo over holidays is pretty expensive, so this $97 3 1/2 star "Best Value" stands out like a extreme sore thumb :-) I'm thinking it's the Marina Fiesta (lower end timeshare at the marina) as on Orbitz they are selling it for $150ish (+ tax, license doc fee). Also, A kitchenette is usually typical of a studio, w/timeshares.

For comparison, also, on Orbitz, most places for that weekend are $300-$450 per night, so you can see my concern....

Anyone have experience on this, familar w/Cabo? Don't want to get stuck with a dog, too far from the action. Good news is Hotwire breaks the area down great, Cabo San Lucas, the Corridor, and San Jose Del Cabo. CABO SAN LUCAS is the place to be, and this looks like a winner.... any help appreciated.

Near Beach, Restaurant(s), Pool(s), Fitness Center, Spa Services, Kitchenette. BEST VALUE $97.00

Guys,

A lot of talk on All Inclusive packages.... Looking on the amentities, in the fine print under Resorts it says "Note, a small resort fee may be charged". Does anyone have any experience with them adding an extra fee? Seems like the resorts whould need to as at those prices ($200 plus/minus) it's too good a deal for the price. ESPECIALLY if it's for the entire party of lets say three adults in one room! With 'all inclusive' I feel maybe you are trapped then to use THEIR restaurants, their bars, verses regular hotel experiencing diff. restaurants, etc...

Part B to this... Should you waste your time on a 3 or 3 1/2 * at the mid $100s all inclusive, or just stick with the big 4 or 41/2 * for over $200...? Do some include tour packages and everything...? where's our feeback from travelers who've been there :-)

Cancun is where I'm shopping now....over Thanksgiving, 24-29th Nov....

What is the main difference/ (and personal preference).... Riveria maya/Cancun/Isle Mujeres?

I see most people on this board worried about which hotel/resort is listed....In Cancun can you really "go wrong" with any 3 1/2 or 4* place? Maybe it would it be better set up a review board whereas people can list/rate where they stayed? Be nice to post resorts to 'avoid'...maybe those $65 2 1/2 *s

Thanks dudes and dudettes,

MB

Thanks for the confirmation.... Yeah, Plans changed....(don't they always)....see my "Cacun all-inclusive" thread.

FYI- ANY CABO QUESTIONS OUT THERE - I know the area pretty good as I own a Timeshare....administrator- feel free to cut/paste this:

Hotwire map help-

San Jose del Cabo- Near the airport. Quaint, more sleepy a town, actually bigger than to Cabo san lucas. A bit boring for the under 30 crowd. Not much nightlife.

The Corridor- basically the drive from the airport to the pacific ocen side of Baja...45 minutes Resorts/Hotels up and down this corridor are secluded away from any town. Perfect if you want an all-inclusive, pampered vacation to "hang".

Cabo San Lucas- My opinion by far the best. Post cards taken here. Fun party town at night. Awesome marina, cruise ships park here. Something for all ages. Hotels/Resorts on Madano Beach adjacent to the Marina are the best location. Good variety of hotel styles. The Melia is a great hotel and but probably only 3 1/2 star rating. Best to find a place walking distance to town. Weather is a mixture of dry hot, but cooler evenings due to Pacific ocean influence, and no bugs...!!

MB

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]