Priceline Hotel: 3* NYC (MTE) Millennium UN Plaza

cytoguy
By cytoguy,
in

Heading to NYC to watch the Red Sox take on the Yankees. This was a great deal, especially for the 9/11 weekend, where rates are completely ridiculous. I saw this hotel come up on a Hotwire search (for $172/night...$406.95 total w/taxes and fees). I saved almost $25 using Priceline...

Interesting mix of reviews on this place, most of the recent ones are good though...

Millennium UN Plaza Hotel New York

Check-In Date: Saturday, September 10, 2005

Check-Out Date: Monday, September 12, 2005

Midtown East

One United Nations Plaza

New York, New York 10017

212-758-1234

Your Offer Price: $160.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $320.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$62.48

Total Charges: $382.48

This is a good property, just a little off the beaten path, which is not a big deal during the month fo September... and in NYC "off the beaten path" means an 8 minute walk to the subway instead of 3 minutes! :)

Was this your first bid in the MTE zone for this priceline stay or did you have lower bids rejected previously?

Thanks for the post and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi thereuare,

Thanks for the info. Hopefully they'll give us a room with a nice view, like others have posted on tripadvisor. I'm not counting on it though...

I started with lowball bids at $150, using all the 4* zones, and bid in $5 increments up to $170. All rejected (which I knew they would be, based on the other Hotwire rates, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try, knowing the Hotwire rate for the Millenium UN). Then I bid 3*, starting at $140, adding 3 other zones to bid up to $155. All rejected. Then I bid 2.5* MTE for $160 (knowing the Courtyard was the only reported hotel in this zone, which I would have been happy with too), and got bumped up to the 3* Millenium UN.

Thanks again for running the board for our benefit :)

Cheers,

Rob

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]