Hotwire Hotel: 4* Newark (Hoboken - Jersey City) W Hoboken

Northern Voice
By Northern Voice,
in

Looking for a 3.5* or 4* room in New York for these 4 days, as close to attractions as possible. I guess this means any of Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS... Soho and Upper West Side seem to be less central but if it meant big savings they would likely be fine. I haven't been to NYC before, so if any of these areas don't make sense, I'd appreciate any input.

I'm familiar with rebidding strategies.

There's one in Soho on HOTWIRE for $224, ideally would like to find a hotel for less, or the same price but closer to midtown via PRICELINE.

Thanks for the help.

Looking for a 3.5* or 4* room in New York...

Did you want to first try up to your limit for a 4* hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

...for these 4 days...

Is your checkout dates Nov 4 (making this a 3 nite trip) OR Nov 5th (making this a 4 nite stay)?

, as close to attractions as possible. I guess this means any of Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS... Soho and Upper West Side seem to be less central but if it meant big savings they would likely be fine.

Did you want to first bid for Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS up to your limit, then if rejected include Soho and UWS? Also, while at the 4* level all of the 'known' hotels in these zones are generally considered good, at the 3.5* level some flags go up:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

In your reply please include if either/both of these zones are acceptabe at the 3.5* level.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So to confirm:

4* hotel in the Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW or TS zones with a maximum bid of $225

If this is correct...

At the 4* level you in NYC you have SIX re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, CPS, ESB, MSG...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, TS...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, ESB, MSG...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, CPS, TS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Chelsea, CPS, TS, MSG...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $208, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $203, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $205, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $208, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Bid 4* Chelsea, CPS, ESB, MSG, MTE, MTW and TS

Bid $210, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $213, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $215, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $218, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $220, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $223, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $225

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I've bid up to the top with no success. We've decided we don't really want to spend $200 plus.

Any thoughts on the 2.5* Central Park West on Hotwire ( I assume it's Astor on the Park), and whether I can get a better deal or similar price for a 3 or 3.5* hotel bidding on priceline? I've been using your links to start bids.

Being near a subway is important as well. Maybe not the right place to ask this but we'll be driving, any tips on where to park? Is my best bet to drive to an airport and park it there for 4 days, or are there reasonably priced garages downtown?

What you believe to be the Astor on Park is $160/nite for your dates? It comes down to price vs. convenience... it's a far cry from the 4* hotel you bid above and the location is pretty far north, but it comes down to your budget and the trade-off between price, luxury, and convenience.

We can consider parking options once you know where you'll be staying.

I couldn't say with any degree of certainly if this is the same hotel, but it would certainly be a possibility.

Since you're willing to stay outside of the city, is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID also a possibility?

Searching 11/1-11/3 in see in Jersey City-Hoboken-North Bergen a 4* hotel with 100% recommendation from previous guests for $148/nite with:

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Room Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board, but with 100% recommendation i'd feel fairly safe with this property (if i were to guess i think the W Hoboken is a likely outcome).

Then for 11/3-11/4 you could consider another 4* hotel offered for $237/nite OR HOTWIRE has a 3.5* hotel in the ESB zone (i suspect the King and Grove) for $262/nite.

Your thoughts?

I used your link to book the W Hoboken for 11/1-11/3 at $140 per night. I'm going to keep bidding on PRICELINE for the remaining 2 nights. I had looked at the Best Western Long Island City as a backup and it's at $139/night, so booking the 4* for the first two nights was somewhat of a no brainer. I may still book that Best Western as a backup in the meantime.

Thanks for the help, I'll keep using your links and will post if I find something for 11/3-11/5 (I know the night of the 3rd is the one driving all the prices up because of the NYC Marathon.

I think that is an excellent deal for the W Hoboken for these dates!

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming that you won the W Hoboken thru PRICELINE (or was this a HOTWIRE win with the amenities listed above?)

Unless you're departing town from JFK or LGA you may want to consider a different 4* hotel in the Jersey City - Hoboken - Weehawken area for ease of changing hotels.

For help with, or to report a win for, the remaining nites of your trip please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]