Priceline Hotel: NYC 1st time traveler Sep20-25

travelsonwind
By travelsonwind,
in

1st Time in NYC celebrating 4th anniversary. A friend (visited NYC 4 times) says Times Square area is the best for 1st timer. For what I've been reading UM is also a great place to stay, would like recommendation from NYC expert.

Also I've booked some cheap hotels as backup, not a great location, but I am really looking for a great hotel (4* preferably), nicely located near many attractions and lots of public transport available close, but can not afford more than $200 - $220 a night.

Since I saw a couple of links to easyclicktravel.com on this web site, I plan to change my strategy and book a better backup hotel there, any of those "Off Record" in times square area?

I've been reading many topics from betterbidding.com, and I am sure I will get great advice.

Thanks - travelsonwind

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I would have a look at this thread: NYC ZONE DESCRIPTIONS.

Personally i wouldn't want to stay directly in Times Square... too crowded and too touristy. Most first time visitors think that this is where they will spend the most amount of time but it is seldom the case. NYC is a very compact and easy to city to naviate via mass transit, so location is not as important as it is in other areas. I always recommend MTE, MTW and UM/CPS for the average visitor... i would take a look at those zones and determine if you'd be happy with each of them.

Let us know when you have pinned down your zone selection adn we'll then advise of a strategy to use going forward.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I believe it's been metnioned elsewhere that the UN may be in session during this time frame (as well as it being Fall) which is driving up demand.

"On Request" hotels means that EasyClickTravel has sold-out of their inventory, but they will contact the hotel to see if they can get additional rooms at their pre-contracted rate. They will get back to you within 48 hours (may be close to 72 hours) with information as to whether or not they were able to fulfill the request. Results of 'on request' reservations coming thru have been "mixed-to-good", but obviously better when there is not an event driving up demand throughout the entire area.

I don't know much about the property, but the Astor on the Park is a new hotel from ECT and is available for $165/nite. I know it's not a luxury hotel, but it may compare well to your other back-up reservations.

Would you consider SPLITTING YOUR BID?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Rates look lower for the second half of your stay.

At the 4* level you have two re-bid zones available, if you're not familiar with re-bidding please read RE-BIDDING EXPLAINED and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

I would try this for 9/22-9/25 (your check out day is the 25th, correct?):

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS...

Select 4* MTE and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* UM/CPS and MTW...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected close browser and re-access priceline however you did previously.

Select 4* MTE and MTW and UM/CPS...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185.

I would start with the above and then we'll take it from there.

Any questions feel free to ask and let us know how it goes.

Good Luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]