Hotwire Hotel: hotel

googoo
By googoo,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

There is no guarantee of bed type with PRICELINE or HOTWIRE, which is a trade-off for the discount. Requests can be made with the hotel after booking, but they can say no or charge more. PRICELINE only guarantees 1 bed/double occupancy, while HOTWIRE should ensure more than one bed if you are searching for more than 2 people (for example, 2a/2c even if there isn't 2c), but that may be 2 beds, 1 + rollaway or 1 + sofabed.

If you need assistance with your stay, please provide the details of your trip (desired city, zone, budget, date/s, star rating) and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I concur with Aaron (who should know, of course, as this is his site B) ). Obviously you'll want to check the hotel's website to see what their bed choices are. Sometimes you even can do this before you book, if you have a pretty good idea what hotel you'll be getting. Hotels (usually) are in the business of customer service, so (usually) they're glad to accommodate their guests' requests whenever possible.

In my limited experience, the very high-end hotels have been more open to guaranteeing a bed choice, but even then it depends on how many standard (i.e., non-third party) bookings they have for your dates. Your best bet is to: 1) call and ask to speak with a manager about a reservation question; 2) let the manager know you understand their limitations regarding Hotwire and Priceline bookings, but was wondering if your request could possibly be accommodated; 3) give a good reason for your request; 4) of course, be extremely polite.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]