Priceline Hotel: Question about 4 star, Strip North

sweetpea2009
By sweetpea2009,
in

This forum helped me tremendously when I was bidding for a hotel in Vancouver last March. I'm looking at Vegas for the nights of Nov 8-10, and would like to stay close to the Mirage as that's where the cirque show we'd like to see is. I'm hoping to keep the hotel cost under $100 / night if possible.

Are the Mirage and TI the only 4* in the strip north zone, at least as far as has been reported to the board? Are there any tricks for getting the Mirage? What are the chances of getting a 5* for around $100 / night at that time? (probably few and far between, I know).

We're just starting to look, but I thought if anyone could answer these questions, you guys could.

Thanks!

Thank you for your compliments on Betterbidding. :)

There is no way to increase the odds of a particular property. If you bid 4* Strip North (for example), you have to be willing to accept any 4* in that zone, or the possibility of being upgraded to a higher star rating (resort or 5*, if those are available in the zone you are selecting. TI and Mirage are the only 4*'s that have been reported to the board in Strip N. $100 is not likely going to be enough for a 5* in Strip North for these dates, although you could likely get the 5* Trump (in Strip North Vicinity) for less than $100.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have clicked the two links several times while checking the website over the last few days. :-)

I remember that from the last time.

Can anyone recommend a starting bid for 4* north strip, over the weekend of Nov 8-11? Should I check 5* as well, and or might that put me possibly in a property off the strip, and far away from the show we are going to see at the mirage. If that is the case I would rather include the South strip zone.

As you can see I'm a little new at doing this in Vegas!!

When bidding 4* in Vegas you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding. (NOTE: Summerlin is NOT one of them)

Select 4* Strip North...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm not an expert, but trying to do something similar to you. Keep in mind that 4* South Strip (with Priceline Name your own bid) INCLUDES the Tropicana which is much farther from your Mirage show than TI. I personally don't care for the Trop as it is too far south and not as convenient as we walk everwhere. Just saying. I bid last year and had really good luck with this forum and got Aria for $133/nite over Halloween weekend. I'm still working on this year for Oct.

Good LUCK!!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]