Priceline Hotel: Resort San Juan Caribe Hilton

kcmover
By kcmover,
in

Used the PRICELINE link and bid for two nights. I tried a couple of times two weeks ago and nothing today. I bid and got the Caribe Hilton for one nights at $111.00 for two rooms pre-cruise. We are a family of five traveling. Two adults and three kids, 23,,21, 17. Do you think that we need to arrange ahead for a room with a Double beds and pull out? give me some advise if you have stayed at this hotel before.

Also is it better to arrange for a van from the Airport to the hotel?

Does the hotel charge a resort fee?

Thanks,

Congrats on your success. :)

Very nice win for this Hilton property! Hope the hotel will work well for your travel plans. I believe there's a resort fee of 14% at this property, although the current resort fee policy should be available on the hotel website.

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy; if you need more than one bed, I would call or write the hotel to try and see if you can work something out regarding room assignment.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I called the hotel and was disapointed as they stated there would be a charge of $45.00 for a 3rd person staying in one of the rooms. Frankly it really get me upset as there is nothing on Priceline or the hotel site regarding this extra fee. Would have bid a 3rd room to avoid the hassle of a disapointment. Now if I bid another room my odds of getting another hotel is good. Any thoughts?

The resort fee of 14% based on what rate? The paid rate to Priceline?

Does your Priceline confirmation indicate what type of rooms you were assigned? One King, or double? You shouldn't have to pay extra for a 3rd person unless you request a room change (from King to double) then they may have the right to charge an additional fee since they only guarantee double occupancy. That shouldn't mean you can't have three stay in a room IF you were assigned a double room. I'm basing this on my past experience with Priceline (in the USA). I have the same issue - looking for rooms in January pre-cruise for a family of 7. Most likely need to book 3 rooms with Priceline, then I still may have one King room sleeping 3!

...there would be a charge of $45.00 for a 3rd person staying in one of the rooms. Frankly it really get me upset as there is nothing on Priceline or the hotel site regarding this extra fee.

Not really true, from PRICELINE on the page where you submit your bid:

All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults.

Do you need a room with a specific bed type? Rooms reserved through priceline are guaranteed to accommodate up to 2 adults comfortably. This includes rooms that may have:

1 double

1 king

1 queen

2 doubles

2 twins

Accommodations for additional guests are not guaranteed. If you require a specific bed type, please contact your hotel directly. All bedding requests are based on hotel availability and are at the discretion of the hotel. A fee may be incurred and is the responsibility of the customer. For specific room type requests (deluxe, suites, etc.) try our Published Price option.

As well, even though you may still view your kids of ages 23,,21, and 17 as 'children', most hotels would consider at least 2 out of the 3 as 'adults' and expect an additional charge.

As i do think the $45 fee is somewhat excessive, i would probably take my chances at check-ion and hope that you can get one of the rooms assigned to have two beds in it without an additional fee.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]