Priceline Hotel: 4* Boston (Copley Square - Back Bay) The Copley Square Hotel

chelefish
By chelefish,
in

Hi there!

I'm new to better bidding but I started bidding on 3.5 and 4* hotels yesterday. I swear I've probably mid 100 times. This will be my first time in Boston and because my flight gets in at 10:30pm on the 26th I was looking for something close to either the airport or downtown with easy access to the T. We are renting a car on Thursday and I have read that it is cheaper to try and rent one further from the airport so I have a pretty broad area with where we can stay. My highest bid was this morning at $125 for a 4* in either Beacon Hill, Financial (Quincy) and Boston common and Back Bay (Copley Square). I had used rebid zones each time until my bid got up to the $125. I saw on the calendar that The Copley Square and Westin in Back Bay had all won bids of $120 so that’s why I stopped. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? I would like to try and stay under the $120-130 range if at all possible because it will only be for a very short stay 11pm-check out next morning. Does it help if you try bidding closer to your arrival day or does it matter? Also, I was wondering if it would be better to try and find a hotel further away from the city since the plan is to take the rental car down to Cape Cod the first part of the trip (I do have to take into consideration what it would cost to get from the airport to a zone that’s further away) Anyways, maybe I’m asking the wrong questions here since this is more about bidding than info on Boston. Ha! Any information or help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

If this is primarily a short stay where you're not going to be spending much (any?) time seeing the sights of Boston, then I would highly recommend not bidding in the core areas (where you're also going to be charged more for parking) and instead looking in the outlying areas, which will likely be cheaper and likely charge less for parking. Given that you're getting in late, how far a drive to the hotel would be acceptable?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi there! Thank you for responding!I think we would be fine staying where ever the first night because the plan is to get a rental car the next morning and drive dow to Cape Cod. I just dont want to have to take a taxi from the airport too far bc of tolls and cab fair etc so i am open to suggestions on that. We will be coming back and actually staying and sight seeing in Boston the 29th and 30th so i am about to start trying to bid on the popular zones for those 2 nights. Hopefully I will have some luck! So where would you suggest to try and bid for the first night? Maybe close to the airport?

If you have no plan to sight-see and you're flying in, then I think it's pretty clear that your #1 option is the airport zone. It's not really true that you can rent a car cheaper elsewhere -- I would say that even with the extra fees and taxes you're hit with at Logan, it will still be cheaper to rent there. (But you might check into this first -- plug your rental dates into Hotwire!)

Second option would be the Waterfront/Convention area, because there are nice hotels there, it's sometimes cheaper because it isn't a good area for tourists, but it's extremely convenient to the airport (the Silver Line goes directly from Logan to the Convention Center and it will actually be free going out of Logan).

I'm not really following the logistics of this trip...

Your flight arrives 10:30pm on Wed nite... then you want to rent a car on Thursday in order to drive to Cape Cod. This doesn't seem like it leaves much (or any) time for sightseeing, but you also mention that you want to be near a T Station... at what point do you need the T stop and where are you heading via the train?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]