Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Beach) W Fort Lauderdale

andreslu21
By andreslu21,
in

Hello everyone,

Looking forward to spending a weekend in FL - October 5-7 (2 nights). I've been looking at Hotwire's website and have found the following:

Hollywood beach area hotel in Fort Lauderdale - USD 228 (USD 114 / night)

4.5 / 5 hotwire clients review (based on 1200 reviews)

Amenities include:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf Nearby

Spa Services

I am guessing Westin Diplomat (which would be quite nice)... Do you see any other possibilities based on this description?

Also, are there any other charges/taxes to expect when booking with Hotwire?

Thank you in advance!

Best

I think they (westin diplomat) book "the golf location" separately from "the beach location". The golf location is not "near beach", I don't know how Hotwire describes golf on site vs near either. The westin website books the golf location at higher prices than the beach, I recall from yesterday's research. Time to go look at property websites again to compare to hot wire's keywords...trip advisor reviews might help to see if anybody booking the diplomat was surprised by getting the golf location. I guess I have my own work cut out. A phone call to the property would help to figure out how they assign rooms, if they cross the beach/golf location boundaries.

The description could be the hotel across the street too, I think. A crowne plaza, I think, without being able to go back and research while writing this. Obviously I'm interested in this specific Hotwire property too.

I'm looking for 4 midweek nights in peak February season. Good luck on your search.

andreslu21,

Please keep us updated with what you decide and if you have any questions. In terms of where you would be booked, I'd call and inquire as to what the likely possibilities *might* be if you booked.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ned2k90,

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please start a new thread with the details of your stay and we would be happy to offer suggestions.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Thank you - I did call the hotel and they said if booking through a third party such as HOTWIRE, they wouldn't be able to guarantee it'd be a room in the beachfront property. I decided not to take the risk of being in those back golf course rooms...

I booked a hotel at Fort Lauderdale Beach - amenities included: Fitness Center, Pool, Restaurant, Business Center, High Speed Internet, Travel Accessible, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower. Hotwire reviews: 95%. Price per night: USD 110. I thought I was getting Westin Beach Resort and it turned out to be the W Fort Lauderdale Beach! Quite happy with this. Thanks for all the help!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works for your needs and are pleased with the results.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming that there was also a Laundry amenity associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]