Priceline Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Midtown East) Marriott New York East Side

Superkathygirl
By Superkathygirl,
in

I am new to priceline and this site. My friends booked a hotel to NYC once through Expedia and had difficulty checking in. The hotel said that they had overbooked and didn't have a room for them and they don't guarantee Expedia bookings. After a lot of arguing they finally gave my friend's a room. I was just wondering for those who have used Pricceline before, have you ever had any issues checking in to the hotel you booked and is the room and price guaranteed?

Thanks so much!

I have had an issue with an Expedia last minute bookings. They hotels were completely full and were not interested in honoring the booking or finding me other accomodation, I found my own and eventually got about $500 in vouchers from Expedia. If your credit card is charged and you have a hotel confirmation already it's the hotel's responsibility. They need to "walk" you to similar accommodation if they are full.

I have had an issue with an Expedia last minute bookings. They hotels were completely full and were not interested in honoring the booking or finding me other accomodation, I found my own and eventually got about $500 in vouchers from Expedia. If your credit card is charged and you have a hotel confirmation already it's the hotel's responsibility. They need to "walk" you to similar accommodation if they are full.

Thanks for the info! :)

It's pretty rare that a hotel is completely overbooked and has to start walking guests - users on this board, for example, have only very rarely reported being walked. *If* this were to happen - as noted above - you should be walked to a similar hotel in a nearby area (not something an hour away.) If dealing with the hotel is problematic, call PRICELINE and have them handle it.

Please let us know the details of your trip (destination, desired budget/star rating/zone and date/s of travel) and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have been trying to bid on Priceline for a Hotel in NYC from Oct.8th - 17th today and have come up with nothing, when I see others posting winning bids for the same amount and area I have put my bids in for. Is there a better time of day to bid? Also, is it more difficult to find a great deal for longer stay like ours, should I break it up into two different properties? Feeling a little discouraged.

We will be in NYC from Oct 8th - 17th and would like to pay $160 - $200 per night. Preferably in a 4* hotel. I am looking in these zones: Midtown east and west, Central Park South, Chelsea area, Soho, Theatre district. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks for any advice.

I have been trying to bid on Priceline for a Hotel in NYC from Oct.8th - 17th today and have come up with nothing...

Which zones, star level, and bid amounts have you already tried?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Would SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID be a possibility? I think it definitely may give you a better overall deal in this scenario, but unfortunately I still think that - as busy as this period is overall - it looks as if it will likely still take over $200 on average per night to get a 4* for this period. It's worth trying up to $200 to see if a hotel will surprise and accept.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping to get a hotel for $180.00, but soon realized for the amount of nights we needed and the 4* ranking we wanted was not going to be possible in NYC during October. We tried to extend the stay until the 17th (which is what we needed), but it was not available. I did phone the hotel out of curiosity to see how much our stay would have cost if I had booked directly through them and the total would have been over $4000.00 and with Priceline our stay is only costing $1866.33, so I am very pleased with the savings we were able to get. Now I will try and book the remaining nights at another hotel. The reviews for this property sound awesome and the images look fantastic. I really hope that it lives up to the hype we are seeing and reading.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]