Priceline Hotel: 2* San Diego (Carlsbad-Encinitas) Inns of America

soccermacmom
By soccermacmom,
in

This was my first Priceline experience, and I appreciate all the help I found reading this board. We have no flexibility in time frame, and really wanted something on the north San Diego coast at a reasonable cost. I suspect I may have overpaid for the quality, but much of what I was quoted by phone for similar accomodations was in the $140 range.

We rarely travel in high season, so I wasn't prepared for the tight San Diego market!

I started bidding at $80 and went up incrementally, adding zones and lowering the stars finally to 2 in order to get something at $100. I was very low on options when I finally put in 2 stars; couldn't get anything 2-1/2* for $98.

thanks again.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

As you don't say which zones you added and how much you bid at each step along the way, it's hard to determine if this is an overbid or not. I would recommend that you ask for a bidding strategy before your next attempt at bidding as i think you can likely bid a bit more strategically.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the board and enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Actually, i would have asked for help, but had to do something immediately (my DH's request) and didn't see much activity on the board yesterday.

I read all the threads on rebidding, and figure I understand the concept but not the specifics, since they are quite dependent on the areas.

I started with just SD Coastal, hoping for La Jolla, and added Coronado, then Carlsbad/Encinitas. I started at $80 and went up in price, and also went "down"from 4 to 3 and then to 2-1/2 stars, then 2 stars. I think I should have offered a lower bid when I went to 2 stars, but since I was rejected at $95 at 2-1/2 stars, was feeling desperate.

We almost always travel off-season (or work-related) so this was a new experience.

Thanks for your advice.

If it is ever possible, do you think San Diego will have its own section on the board?

It's dependent upon the level of support we get from users using our links and those of our prefered providers.

In the meantime you can use the SEARCH funtion of the board... search for 'Diego' (top left), titles only (bottom left), ANY DATE (bottom right). Here is an exmaple of the RESULTS, athough this link will only work for a day or two as then the results expire.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]