Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Empire State Building) Courtyard New York Manhattan/Fifth Avenue

rafaes
By rafaes,
in

I am currently planning a trip to NYC for the period from 2012/09/15 - 2012/09/25 and my budget is max 200 USD per night

I'd try hotels of 2.5 stars or more, which worries should I have with a few star hotels in these areas?

Which is the maximum price should I offer for each level of stars?

I looked at the map and the following regions seems to be good for me (please correct me if you see a problem with a region):

CPS

Empire State Building Area

Madisson Square Garden

Midtown East

Midtown west

TImes Square

Upper West Side

It would be easier to get good prices if I split the dates?

thank you very much for your help, will use your provided links!

I already knows that:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

Which hotels are these?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

Rafael

Please follow-up your previous Florida threads with whatever you did for each stay:

Hotwire South Beach

Hotwire Fort Lauderdale

Key West Hotwire

Then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your NYC post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I didn't buy any hotel at hotwire for this travel!!!

In Fort Lauderdale I won Sheraton Suites Plantation for May 5 to May 6 with a budget of $70.00

Please remember to follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing for the stay, even if you choose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

For NYC what is your goal... are you willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel OR is your goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My goal is a less expensive hotel.

What are the problems of hotels of 2.5 and 3 stars in the areas: CPS, ES, MSG, MTW, TS?

For hotels 3 stars 2.5 and I think that the maximum payable is 150.00.

For hotels from 3.5 to 4 stars I agree to pay up to 200.00

What is the strategy I bet first the hotels in the 2.5 and 3 stars or bet first 4-star hotels to the tune of 150.00 and then try the other hotels?

What are the problems of hotels of 2.5 and 3 stars...

Generally speaking the issue is that room quality, even at the same star level, can vary so much in NYC. I sometimes equate it to school where one student gets a 89 and another gets an 80... they both get a 'B' on their report card but one clearly did better than the other. Start not caring about .5-1* either way and you're then in a situation where one student could get an 89 and one gets a 70 (a 'B' and 'C' respectively)... but these hotels may differ in quality much more than where the grades were 'B' and 'C' due to a the numerical grades being 80 and 79. Hope the analogy made sense.

For hotels 3 stars 2.5 and I think that the maximum payable is 150.00.

Which do you want to choose as the minimum star level... 2.5* or 3*?

For hotels from 3.5 to 4 stars I agree to pay up to 200.00

But as per your post your prefer a less expensive lower rated hotel, correct? So would you want to try for a 2.5* or 3* (let us know which you'd like to use as your minimum threshold) up to $150... then you can continue the bidding upwards to $200 but increasing your star level to 3.5* or 4* (again, you'll need to let us know which you'd like to use as your minimum threshold once we get to this point)

Let us know the minimum star rating you'd like to start with and we'll take it from there.

for comparison I have a reservation at The Milford, on a daily average of 215.

This hotel has a rating of 2 *, so I would try to get something better and cheaper in priceline

The only thing going for the Milford Plaza is the location, imo... they're also renovating (but i'm not sure if i'd stay there even after the renovations)

Note that when bidding 3.5* and lower:

MTE - some 'known' hotels can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway... is this acceptable?

CPS - has the Hudson Hotel, which while well located, has notoriously small rooms (~140 sq. ft.).. is this acceptable?

Whether each of the above would be 'better' than the Milford Plaza would be personal preference... should we include both of these zones in your 2.5* bidding?

So CPS, ES, MSG, MTW, TS with a maximum bid of $150 and a minimum star rating 2.5*? If correct...

When bidding 2.5* in NYC you have ONE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* CPS, ES, MSG...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, TS...

Bid $110, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $115, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, ES, MSG...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, TS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* TS, ES, MSG...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* MTW, CPS...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, ES, MSG, MTW...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* CPS, ES, MSG, TS...

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* TS, MTW, CPS, ES...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* TS, MTW, CPS, MSG...

Bid $143, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if reejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 2.5* TS, MTW, CPS, ES, MSG...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...

Hi there, I'm looking for help ID'ing a NYC hotel for 3 nights from 9 October on Hotwire. A 3* in ESB area is coming in at Euro223 per night (incl taxes) and the details are:

"General facilities

Suite A guestroom designed for an extended stay and/or that is more spacious than the average hotel room. Suites typically offer residential-style furnishings, as well as separate living and sleeping areas; some also offer kitchenettes.

Fitness Center Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Laundry Facilities (self-service) <amenity names only please... not descriptions>"

Any idea which hotel this may be? Thank you.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]