Hotwire Hotel: 4* Midtown Central

Jodes
By Jodes,
in

Hello,

I've been searching HOTWIRE through your links (always so helpful here so I ensure I always use the links)...

I've found a 4* hotel in Midtown Central for $146 a night 14 May 2013 to 21 May 2013..

Facilities are: Smoke Free Rooms, Fitness Center, Restaurant, Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access..

HotWire customer reviews: 80%

Trip Advisor Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0

I'm thinking it's the Sheraton but am not certain!?

It looks like pretty good deal compared to what else is avaliable..

What are your views?

Thanks muchly.

• 2 weeks later...

I bit the bullet and booked it and can confirm that it is indeed the sheraton..Very happy with price. :-)

That's awesome.. well done with the price...

We look to have missed out on that one now.. It's gone up..

We only just booked out flights so we're hoping more deals will pop up..

Will be stalking daily!

I've just had a few goes at bidding for a hotel in NYC...

I am devestated that we missed out on an amazing HotWire deal just recently (hadn't booked flights when I was looking at hotels)... (Was what I think was the Sheraton for about $118/$145 prices went up n down for a few days.. now is right up over $200 a night)..

Wanting 2 rooms for 7 nights - May 14 2013 to May 21 2013...

Bidding history just went like this (first time bidding on PL.. have Booked through HW before though)...

$120

Midtown East

Re-bid $130 added:

Midtown West

Re-bid $140 added:

Central Park South

SoHo - Tribeca

Re-Bid (I think I accidently went back down to $130) - Added:

Empire State Building Area.

Would like a 4*... Any area really in Manhattan - have been once before and stayed just across from Rockefella Centre and found the Subway pretty easy to get around...

Looking probably around TS/Central Area or maybe down Soho kind of area (but not liking the chances of under $200 a night for Soho area)...

Any help would be appreicated!! With 7 months out I thought we'd still be able to get some great deals but prices have seem to have gone up already!

Thanks!

Jodie.

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

I am devestated that we missed out on an amazing HotWire deal just recently (hadn't booked flights when I was looking at hotels)... (Was what I think was the Sheraton for about $118/$145 prices went up n down for a few days.. now is right up over $200 a night)... With 7 months out I thought we'd still be able to get some great deals but prices have seem to have gone up already!

More likely is that what you believed to be the Shertaon was an 'outlier' in the sense that it was cheaper than everything else at its star level, and what you're currently seeing are prices more typical for this time of year.

I've just had a few goes at bidding for a hotel in NYC...

Would like a 4*... Any area really in Manhattan... Looking probably around TS/Central Area or maybe down Soho kind of area (but not liking the chances of under $200 a night for Soho area)...

As you haven't yet bid all areas offering 4* hotels in NYC, what is it that you really want... a 4* hotel in one of the zones already bid OR are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within Manhattan? Regardless of the zones you choose, at current rated i don't think that $140 is going to be realistic for these dates... is this your maximum bid at this time?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry about that. Thought I'd need a new thread because I changed to Priceline. Thanks for putting them together.

I'm pretty sure that the low price was the Sheraton I know aomeone who big $118 not expecting it to be accepted and it was and ended up being the Sheraton around te same time as what I'm going next year.

My delimma is now that I regret not buying for about $140 when we first saw it (can't change that now I guess). But I'm hoping for something close to that price. I'm also needing 2 rooms.

I guess no one can really tell but is it best waiting for a better deal to pop up and book closer to the date or booking 7mths out. I'm getting mixed responses, I guess because no one really can say what's going to happen with prices but wondering what typically happens. Is mid may a busy time in NYC?

There is no way to know for sure whether or not prices will come down closer to the date/s of travel - this is discussed in detail in the FAQ.

*Traditionally* this is a busier time, given nicer Spring weather. Jan-March is generally slow, April to June get busier as that time goes on. July-August are slower due to hot weather before things get quite a bit busier in September through around mid-December.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Okay - been looking again at Hotwire...

Are you able to help ID the following

Stay 14 May '13 to 21 May '13...

Soho/Downtown Fin District ($177)

2 Star

Free Breakfast, Free internet

High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the blind, In-room accessibility

4.0 Trip Advisor Rating

(Guessing holiday inn maybe?)

Chelsea/MSG ($162)

2.5 Star

Free Breakfast, Free Internet

High-Speed Internet Access

3.5 Trip Advisor Rating

(Maybe the Best Western?)

For the Downtown property, if you go back to HOTWIRE and click the SHOW ME button next to this offer (the one with the price in it), then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

Are you willing to compromise on star rating, zone, and/or price with 8 months to go before your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]