Priceline Hotel: 5* Dubai (Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina) Ibn Battuta Gate Hotel Dubai by Moevenpick

ElPal
By ElPal,
in

I know that it is still 7 months away but thought it was worth a shot to start with a low ball bid and see if it was accepted.

I quite like the look of the Moevenpick IBN Battuta Gate (which I discovered using your links) and it is the reported 5* property for the Jumeirah Beach-Dubai Marina zone. I looked at PRICELINE's retail rate and took 40% of that (given that I have once gotten a hotel at the claimed 60% off that PRICELINE claims to go as low as) which gave me $72. I bid at $70 (figuring once you add the fees and taxes that would account for more than $2) and was rejected - not really surprised given that it is still 7 months away and the bid is so low but thought I'd share it with the board.

I will probably try when there is some bonus cash and/or closer to the dates of our stay and of course use your links and let you know how I go.

I also have a question. Sometimes on NYOP Priceline has a Best Deal symbol next to a certain area or star rating or in this case both - what does that actually mean?

Thanks in advance

Thanks, using your links again and my $5 per night bonus cash I bid $85 total ($80 + $5 bonus) per night for the same zone and same star rating and was rejected.

I think I will just leave bidding until there is more bonus cash as the stay is still 7 months away.

I will keep you updated.

Using your HOTWIRE link I also looked at 4.5* and 5* hotels in Dubai for our dates. [bTW, I know that this thread is under Priceline due to the bids I have made but thought you normally like to keep a single thread for research into a stay so am posting the HOTWIRE stuff here also]

Can you please let me know whether you agree with my assessment of what the hotels might be (I note none of them are on your HOTWIRE Dubai list):

4.5* Hotel Dubai North - Sharjah - Ajman area US$77 per night ($195.20 for the entire stay)

Amenities:

Airport Shuttle

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Free Parking

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

My guess is the Holiday Inn Sharjah. The "hot rate" is not so hot if that is the case as it is only an overall saving (once all fees and taxes are added by HOTWIRE) of 84 cents for the entire stay (despite the room rate being $81.68 per night as opposed to the $77 per night)

5* Dubai South - Jumeirah area hotel US$124 per night ($307.96 for the 2 night stay)

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access

Free Parking

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Handicapped parking

My guess is the Bonnington Jumeirah Lakes Towers hotel at $156.55 per night on the retail part of HOTWIRE ($375.72 for the 2 night stay).

5* Dubai area hotel - $118 per night ($294.33 for the entire stay)

Amenities:

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Free Parking

My guess is the Sheraton Dubai Creek and Towers which has a HOTWIRE retail rate of $149.74 per night ($359.38 for the entire stay).

Would you agree with my guesses for these 3 HOTWIRE opaque properties?

Thanks as always

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just by way of update, I have today made two bids (using your links) both without success - it is now just under 6 months away so still plenty of time.

Bid for the Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina area 5* at $110 which was rejected.

Closed the browser and clicked your link again and selected Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina + Sharjah (which has no 5*) 5* at $115 (which was the last reported accepted bid for this area) which was also rejected.

We will try again a bit closer to the dates or when PRICELINE offers some more bonus cash (is it me, or do they seem to be offering it every few weeks at the moment?)

Being persistent, I thought I'd try again but having failed up to US$135/nt I am guessing that the inventory has not been made available to PRICELINE yet - particularly when the reported (and also cheapest) 5* hotel for the Jumeirah Beach area is $182.50/nt on the retail part of the site : Moevenpick Ibn Battuta Gate.

Recent bid history set out below - always selecting 5*:

Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina 117 per night = 287.40 total with taxes and fees - rejected

Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina + Dubai - Sharjah 122 per night = 298 total with taxes and fees - rejected

Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina + Al Barsha - Mall of Emirates 127 per night = 311.38 total with taxes and fees - rejected

Jumeirah Beach - Dubai Marina + Al Barsha - Mall of Emirates + Dubai - Sharjah 135 per night = 330.56 total with taxes and fees - rejected

Will keep you updated.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]