Priceline Hotel: 3* New York City (Madison Square Garden - Convention) Staybridge Suites Times Square - New York City

kershawrulz
By kershawrulz,
in

Used your PRICELINE link, broke up a three-night stay with this being the first night and the next two being over $100 cheaper, so naturally not thrilled with this one -- it's the most I've ever paid in NYC, although admittedly last trip I wound up crashing with a friend for one night in lieu of paying this much.

With taxes and fees it comes to $300.78.

Tried to stay central to be close to my hotel for next 2 nights, started with 3.5* and zones 2 3 6 7 10 11 12 16 with rebid zones 4 8 9 13 14 17, bid from $110 to $220 and gave up. Then I decided to try going down to 3* upon seeing some hope on Hotwire, and used zones 2 11 12 16 with 3 4 7 6 10 14 as rebid zones (although most of them aren't real rebid zones for 3*, didn't mind being elsewhere in Manhattan and figured the win would be in one of my initial zones anyway), got an offer to increase to $270 as soon as I started at $170 and went up at $5 increments. At $240 I figured I must be close, switched to $3 increment.

Happy with location -- the Hotwire alternative was going to be on the upper west side for $246, although at some magical new 4* which isn't catalogued on your site. With the Staybridge Suites, I'll just have to relocate less than one mile to the Sheraton Hotel and Towers tomorrow.

Ohh, actually I see from my bidding pattern, I didn't make a bid on zone 10 MSG - Convention between $205 and $243. So I may have overbid by a bunch. So when it kept offering me to increase my bid to $270 every bid, it had some other hotel in mind.

If anyone is bidding on this last-second tonight, definitely start below $210! And in the email I was offered to extend my stay for further nights if I like the rate, which is worth mentioning.

Congratulations on your success!

While certainly not cheap in dollar terms, glad to see the location works well for your needs and is within close proximity to your hotel for the following two nites.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]