Priceline Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Beverly Hills - West Hollywood) The Beverly Hilton

misconduct
By misconduct,
in

Headed into LA on a very sudden and short 1 day trip. With only five days to book a hotel before the impending stay, it was hard not to get antsy. Checking Hotwire, there was only one 4* listed for Beverly Hills-West Hollywood (the Beverly Hilton for $158) and the 3.5 star option was at $178.

Bidding strategy for Priceline was

• Bid for 4* in Beverly Hills-West Hollywood starting at $112. Bid rejected, with an immediate counter-offer to increase bid by $38 to $150.
  • Wait 24 hours and increased bid to $128. Bid rejected, with anothere counter offer to raise bid by $22 to $150
  • Add free rebid zone of Inglewood and up bid to $135. Bid accepted.

Summary of Charges

Room Cost (avg. per room, per night): $135.00 (USD)

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Guests Per Room: 2

Number of Nights: 1

Room Subtotal: $135.00 (USD)

Taxes and Fees: $28.87 (USD)

Total Room Cost: $163.87 (USD)

Lowest rack rate on the Hilton website is $275 but checking off the AAA discount option came up with a rate of $242. I had wanted a different property but it's an excellent price and the hotel is ideally located to where I need to be. However, Trip Advisor ratings are very mixed for the property. I found it weird to get an immediate counter-offer to increase my bid by $38... I usually only get offers to increase in the $18-22 range. I'm fully expecting get the Priceline treatment of being put into a bad room in the Oasis wing. I will ask nicely to be put in the Wilshire wing and maybe showing my Hilton Honors Diamond card will help.

Used the BB PRICELINE link to book

Based on my experience and polite inquiries, it's safe to assume Priceline/Hotwire wins will automatically translate into being placed in the Oasis wing that gets slammed on Trip Advisor.

The Beverly Hilton will not place Priceline winners in the Wilshire wing unless they are overbooked or you are willing to pay a $40 + taxes upgrade charge. I paid for the upgrade because the front desk agent agreed to put my Hilton Honors number on my folio. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and Gold/Diamond members get a free internet at Hiltons. The front desk agent also put me in a slightly better room in the Wilshire wing as a result of my Diamond status. I am certain I dealt with an accommodating, senior front desk agent that went a bit further to accommodate me --this doesn`t seem to be the norm at this hotel unless you pay for the VIP perks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]