Hotwire Hotel: 3* Boston (Peabody - Danvers - Wakefield) Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Boston Peabody

TallGene
By TallGene,
in

Although I've been using Hotwire (with much assistance from betterbidding, thank you :) ) for many years, one thing I haven't been able to quite discern is whether it's better to make a reservation in advance or if it's better to wait until close before the trip date to get the best deal on the best room (one of the hotels I was eyeing just went from $81 to $84 in a matter of 10 min.).

Also, anybody have any idea about hotels listed on Hotwire for Danvers as follows:

3-star $84 70% recommended Amenities: Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant, High-Speed Internet, Business Center, Accessible for Deaf, Free parking... and several accessibility items

2-1/2-star $87 Amenities: Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, indoor pool(s), accessibility items

2-star $67 55% recommended Amenities: Free parking, free breakfast, free internet, pool(s), high-speed internet

Also, where do these 'recommended' percentages come from? I looked on Hotwire for reviews and couldn't find any.

Many thanks!!!

Although I've been using Hotwire (with much assistance from betterbidding, thank you :) ) for many years...

We're glad to hear the board has been helpful to you over the years, but it's disappointing that this is your third post and you have only reported one win to the board over 2 years ago. :( It would be appreciated if you began to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you have benefited from those who have posted before you.

Also, anybody have any idea about hotels listed on Hotwire for Danvers as follows...

It would also be appreciated if you used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin all your future bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

First, I always go through your link when I am ready to buy; I was not aware that it helped you even for the searches. If such is the case, I will from here on out go through your link to search.

I have used better bidding and Hotwire to scope out hotels, but have only actually purchased the same hotel (in Portland) multiple times, and did not think it useful to repeat the same information over again.

I have also used Hotwire for auto rental, but I did not see a forum for posting that result.

I have used better bidding and Hotwire to scope out hotels, but have only actually purchased the same hotel (in Portland) multiple times, and did not think it useful to repeat the same information over again.

It is useful to post each time you win, on multiple levels...

1) if another user had won a hotel in Danvers for the same exact dates that you're looking for above, would it help you with your own purchase and would you want to know about it? What if they didn't post the win for your same dates because they had already won that hotel 2 years earlier?

2) if it didn't make sense to post wins for the same hotel there would only be one win posted on the board for each hotel, some of which would be as nearly 10 years old (when the board first started). This would then give no indication of how frequently some hotels in the zone are won relative to others nor when the hotel was last won, which knowing when last received gives increased/decreased confidence knowing if a given hotel is still participating and being received thru PRICELINE (as well as current trends as to which hotels are currently accepting the most bids)

I have also used Hotwire for auto rental, but I did not see a forum for posting that result.

We do have a Car Rental section on the board if you scroll down on the main page.

For help with your stay above please let us know the date(s) of your stay as well as the complete list of amenities associated with the hotels offered (including the 'accessible' ones)

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, I did not realize about the updating wins nor had I ever scrolled all the way down to see the car rental forum. I posted my two latest wins, one car, one (repeat) hotel. I will keep these posting now that I know that it helps.

Regarding my questioned hotels, they're for Danvers/Peabody area, September 17-18:

3* $81 -- recommended by 85% of Hotwire reviews (wherever those are -- and I think this is down from 90% when I looked a few days ago); Amenities: Indoor pool(s), fitness center, pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access,

Accessible for the deaf, Free Parking, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

2.5* $87 -- still gathering reviews; Amenities: Restaurant(s), Business Center, High-Speed Internet Access, Accessible for the deaf, Free Parking, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

2* $67 -- recommended by 55% of Hotwire reviews; Amenities: Indoor pool(s), Accessible for the blind, Accessible for the deaf, Free Parking, Free Breakfast, Free Internet, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom,

Handicapped parking, Roll-in shower

Best guess for each:

3* $81 -- recommended by 85% of Hotwire reviews

SpringHill Suites Peabody OR Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Peabody

2.5* $87 -- still gathering reviews

Comfort Inn North Shore

2* $67 -- recommended by 55% of Hotwire reviews

Knights Inn Danvers

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thanks to the Admin's assistance, the hotel was pegged as either SpringHill Suites or Holiday Inn; though I was hoping for SpringHill, HI may end up being better, as SH had queen beds and it looks like HI has king beds (no queens) for single-bed rooms (I'm very tall, so appreciate the larger bed). The hotels seem to be very close to each other (1 Newbury vs. 43 Newbury), so convenience should be equivalent.

I'm a bit leery due to less-than-stellar reviews (even though Hotwire said it was recommended by 85%); will follow-up.

Total was $97.91 including taxes and fees; would have been over $150 for advance purchase on hotel website. I don't mind saving $50+ :D.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received one of the hotels you were hoping for and that this should work out fine for your needs this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this property for the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]