Priceline Hotel: 3* Lincoln (Airport - Lincoln North) Staybridge Suites Lincoln

roseT
By roseT,
in

I know, paid too much but it was a long exhausting trip and Priceline just wasn't working for me last week on a trip across Utah, Colorado and Nevada. I think I started at $85, added a second area and went to $90 and was given a last chance to change offer at $103 (plus $25.10 taxes and fees)

I'm mostly posting this to let others know that Staybridge Suites isn't family friendly on Priceline. I've usually been able to get rooms with 2 queen beds when travelling with family. This place was not only almost as expensive as an AAA reservation in the area but when I called to ask for 2 queen beds, I was told that my room was a King/smoking and I would have to "talk to Priceline" about changing it. You all know how that would go over! They did eventually change me to a non-smoking king with a fold out couch with the caveat that Priceline might charge me for the change (they haven't so far). My family was in open revolt over the smoking room and barely civil about the fold-out so I won't be using Priceline for family reservations anymore!

The place is rather nice for couples and business, especially if you want to make use of the kitchen. Lovely breakfast and pool area.

Sorry to hear of your experience at this property (actually, seems like you enjoyed the hotel itself, but not some of their policies) but to be fair i'll make a few points:

1) any time you use PRICELINE for more than double occupancy it's a risk you're taking that you'll only receive one bed in the room. There are times when the hotel will be unable (due to hotel occupancy), or unwilling (due to hotel policy), to change your room to the bed configuration you're requesting.

2) most policies are set at the hotel level, not the chain level, so you can't say this chain is not family friendly towards PRICELINE guests, but you can make this comment about this particular location (although see #3 below)

3) this hotel charges more for rooms with two beds vs. rooms with one bed, even when booked direct, so it makes sense that there would be an additional charge to 'upgrade' a PRICELINE reservation from an assigned room with one bed to a room with two beds

Glad to see you were ultimately able to get the issue resolved and ultimately enjoyed your stay after the check-in process. In the future, HOTWIRE may be a better option when traveling with your family as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and guarantee sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search. HOTWIRE may cost a little more than PRICELINE, but by booking for quad occupancy you should be able to avoid any arguments/complications at check-in.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]