Priceline Hotel: Resort Orlando (WDW) Hilton Resort

Oleander
By Oleander,
in

Let me say start by saying thanks for the great forum! Excellent information.

Just got this on priceline this morning, I am kind of annoyed that priceline automatically selects Resorts when you're looking for a 4* hotel, what's the deal with that? Cause if I'm not mistaken the WDW Hilton Resort is a 3-3 1/2*.

I think it's a pretty good deal though.

Offer Price: $62.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 3

Subtotal: $186.00

Taxes & Service Fees: $32.17

Total Charges: $218.17

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Thank you for sharing your winning bid to the board.

The star rating you select is the minimum that you are willing to accept, Priceline will always search for higher rated properties first... so even when you are bidding 2* it is possible to received a 2.5* or a 3* (or if you bid high enough a 4* or Resort level for that matter).

This is why when RE-BIDDING you need not just zones that don't contain the star level you're bidding, but zones that only contain star levels lower than the class you are bidding.

Was this your first bid in the zone or were you rejected at lower levels previously?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the welcome :)

Ok well.. I feel stupid for not reading a little more of the forum before bidding. So I wasn't really aware of priceline rules (first time user) or the free re-bid process. What I was looking for was a 4* in Sea World/Universal are when my first bid of $55 was rejected. I included the WDW LBV area, not to get a free re-bid but because of proximity to desired location. And my second offer bid of $62 was accepted by Hilton WDW Resort.

My question still stands though, are all resorts considered 4*+? Because I didn't change my star rating I kept at 4* when submitting my second bid, but resorts was automatically selected.

Resort and 4* are different star levels, but when you select 4* priceline will also attempt to book you at a higher star level (ie- Resort) since the 4* you select is the minimum you select.

They also searched for this higher star rating on your Universeal-Sea World bid, it just wasn't as apparent.

To 'bring this first circle'... if you had bid for a Resort, you couldn't have been awarded a 4*, as a 4* is considered to be lower in the rating system heirarchy.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]