Priceline Hotel: Bidding help - Cincinnati downtown

getonwithit
By getonwithit,
in

Hi there, This is my first time trying to bid on priceline and my first time requesting help, so please forgive me if I'm not following the proper procedures. (I've stayed in hotels where friends have booked through Priceline, but I've never done it myself)

I've looking for a 4* hotel in the Downtown Cincinnati area. The dates are 11/8 - 11/11. Most 4* are $135 and up on hotels.com, etc.

I've tried bidding several times over the last week. I haven't done the process of adding an area that does not offer a 4* hotel yet, I've just been bidding again after 24 hours. So far, I've bid $69, $76, $80, $85, and $87. All bids were turned down. I obviously need some help. Thanks :) I'll be sure to use the link in the welcome message when I return to priceline to bid again.

PRICELINE rates the Hyatt 4* and it is on sale HERE for $115/nite. Given this rate how high would you be willing to bid for an 'unknown' 4* hotel?

HOTWIRE has what appears to be the Cincinnatian Hotel for $118/nite if this is of any interest.

Let us know your thoughts above and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you decide to get into the "free re-bidding" technique, at the moment there are nine save zones at the 4* level. If you are unsure of the process, do post back your assumptions and/or any questions.

Also, I'm assuming you mean a 3 night stay with your 11/8-11/11 dates? That is the normal convention, but once in a while people mean a 4 night stay when they write it that way.

Romelle

When bidding 4* in Cincinnati you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Downtown...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You know, I think this might be a case where a new zone was just added? I counted carefully :unsure:?? I think :unsure: :unsure:.

In any case, you are definitely correct now. Always good to check just before you bid though. And also always good to double check information you get here.

The way thereuare has your bidding pattern set up, all you need to do is slip in one more bid at $68 to use all ten free rebid zones.

Romelle

Agree that there are now 10 re-bid zones... the original strategy was posted almost a week ago, so certainly time for a new zone to have been added to this area (which i believe to be the case)

Please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your bidding, searches and travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]