Hotwire Hotel: 4* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood Beach) Westin Diplomat

tammi
By tammi,
in

I used the HOTWIRE link on this site and found this 3*. I searched the forum also to try to identify it but I couldnt' find a match. Can you please help me identify it? Thanks in advance.

Near Beach

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Tennis Nearby

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

Condo

In addition to the amenities above, are you also see 'In-room accessibility'?

Unfortunately this property has not yet been reported to the board and i don't have any additional insight as to which one it may be.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of help with an different HOTWIRE offer.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I decided to go with a 4* in Hollywood Beach area on 9/20/12. It was listed at $83 per night for two people. I chose to select my bed type which made the rate $95. I booked at the same hotel with same options and rate for 9/23/12 - 9/25/12. Amenities are:

Resort

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf Nearby

Better Bidding is an awesome website and I use it quite frequently.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you found something that works well for your plans. We will use this thread for your 9/23-9/25 purchase, can you please add a NEW TOPIC for your 9/20 purchase so that win can have it's own thread in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins.

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the name of the hotel you received so we can add this information to the topic title, as well as confirm if there there was also a Hi-Speed Internet amenity associated with this property... you can still view the full list of amenities associated with this hotel by using the MY ACCOUNT link on the top right of HOTWIRE's home page.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

EDIT TO ADD: from your other Hotwire Hotel thread it looks like you received the Westin Diplomat and there is indeed a Hi-Speed Internet amenity? Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Are there two different Diplomat Hotels? I see on here what I find to believe is the Westin Diplomat which is near the beach but when you look at google maps there is a Diplomat Resort which is on a golf course and a few blocks from the beach. How do I ensure I dont get that hotel because I want the one thats one the beach. The reason its confusing me is because there is no "near beach" on the hotel Amenities. Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

It is all part of the same complex. However, the main tower is on the Beach. They also have rooms away from the beach alongside the golf course. The rooms by the golf course have a shuttle every thirty minutes to the main hotel. I will look and see if I can figure out how to guarantee a room in the beachside tower.

When you book through the hotel directly, all rooms types are in the main tower except for Golf Location rooms. For every date I searched it said there were no Golf rooms available...that's not a guarantee though that they couldn't put you in one I guess.

Thanks for you help. Yeah, I just dont know that I want to take a gamble on this if I dont know for sure since we'd really like to be on the beach. The part that scares me is that in the Amentities it doesnt say "near beach" or "directly on beach." This leads me to believe that its for one of the golf course rooms.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]