Priceline Hotel: Average rate

erenkey
By erenkey,
in

I have been trying to book a room through Priceline for new Orleans for oct 13-15. Does anyone know what the going rate should be for the French quarter or downtown areas? I have friends that have used Priceline to stay down there before and they say they have stayed for $60 but I have already gone up to $125.

There must be something major going on for your dates.

Hotwire had no offerings for the French Quarter. Downtown was $305 for a 4.5* (plus a note that only 2 rooms are left), $283 for a 4*, and no lower star level offerings.

There was a $55 3* out at the airport, and a couple lower star levels in outer areas.

You don't mention what star level you are bidding?

There really is no "going rate". It is a pretty pure "supply & demand" situation, and the demand for French Quarter and Downtown must be enormous.

Sorry.

Romelle

I'm also looking for that weekend for the Blues & BBQ Fest, and rates and availability are brutal. There's a huge convention in town (35K+ attendees) that has most of the rooms downtown and in the quarter locked up. The best hope is that they don't use all the rooms and release some, probably 3-4 weeks before, but getting something nice under $100 is a long shot.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]