Hotwire Hotel: All Inclusive Room Category

loulou630
By loulou630,
in

I'm looking to book an all inclusive hotel in Cozumel in late October. I'm a first timer to Hotwire, but it seems to be the best deal and for once, I'm not being too picky about where I stay. My question it, is it usually the rule of thumb that the room you're buying on hotwire is the lowest category room that's offered at the resort? Or sometimes do you luck out and it could be for a higher category room?? Or do you just have to bat your eyes at the check in desk and ask for an upgrade??

Also - Its the beginning of August and I'm looking to go in late October - what do the experts out there say about when I should book? I'm currently looking at a 3* (which I think Is the El Coz) for $109/night for 2 people or a 4* (which I think is the Grand) for $142 a night for 2 people. Should I grab it now or wait?? Thoughts??

THANK YOU!

Most Priceline (and Hotwire) rooms are booked "Run of House" which means that they are assigned based upon what is available at time of check-in.

So much of room selection depends upon hotel occupancy levels, the mood of the desk clerk at time of check-in, availability of rooms that are clean, etc, etc. You may very well get a high floor with a picture perfect view of the ocean, but i don't think that is something you should expect when using Priceilne or Hotwire.

There is also an interesting thread on TIPPING which has worked for many people (which i suspect may work in Mexico better than other places... although in Mexico it may be a bit harder to make sure you are tipping the right person)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Have explored hotwire, but also wanted to look into Priceline. Want an all-inclusive hotel in Cozumel - Oct 27-31. I don't see where you can tell Priceline that you want all inclusive - which makes the pricing very different. Just seems different than on hotwire where you can pick it. Any input on how/if I can get that narrow via Priceline or is hotwire my best option?

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]