Priceline Hotel: Napa this weekend 8/18

Samanthamason1
By Samanthamason1,
in

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this site and could use some help. I want to bid on a hotel room in Napa for this weekend using Priceline, but I'm not sure how much to bid. It says there is a 4-Star Deluxe hotel in Zone 4 (Napa) available. Is there a way to find out what the lowest bid they will take or what other bidders have paid? Also, how can I figure out what hotel it is? Anything will help since I'm a newbie! Thanks, Samantha

Remember that with PRICELINE you can never find out exactly what hotel you are going to be getting. As posted above you can find a list of hotels that have been reported but there is no surefire way. HOTWIRE is a little easier to tell which hotel you are getting because the amenities are listed.

A quick look at this site and others show several people getting the 4* in Napa Valley for about $150 throughout August and September. The hotel they are all receiving is the Marriott. When I go to the Marriott site it shows that it is sold out for the 18th. This leads me to believe it is likely you will pay much more than $150 for a 4* property in Napa Valley itself.

There are several rebid zones within the Napa region when going for a 4*. That said when I look up availability on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE Express Deals to get an idea of what you can get a unnamed hotel for there are not many options so I would personally start your bidding sooner than later and expand your search to other sites that offer last-minute bookings at a discount. Unfortunately I think a 4* in the valley itself will come in at a very high price and if it were me, would suggest looking into something with a lower star rating.

Which zones, by PRICELINE name, are you willing to accept?

Rates are very high for this solo, Saturday nite, check-in... using the bidding helper and/or MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel thru conventional booking channels?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]