Priceline Hotel: 3* Indianapolis (Northeast - Fishers) Staybridge Suites Indianapolis-Fishers

alstroe
By alstroe,
in

Had a heck of a time booking anything nice (3* and up) and reasonable (under $100) on this very busy Indy weekend. (40,000 people attending GenCon have already booked much of the space!)

Was looking for something central or north / northwest of the city, and bid up to $98 for 4*, up to $93 for 3.5*, and up to $87 for 3*, to no avail. Finally settled on posted $80 "express deal" for Northeast - Fishers. This was much lower than anything else available on hotwire or priceline, so I am hoping it is ok.

Amenities listed were:

Free Breakfast

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming if this was a 'Name Your Own Price' and you bid fro this property... or was this from PRICELINE's new 'Express Deals' service where the price, but not the name of the hotel, is shown?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually made a series of unsuccessful bids, using the "rebid zones" strategy I learned about here. I bid 8 times for a 4* going from $50 to $98, then 5 times for 3-1/2*, going from $61 to $93, then three times for 3*, going from $71 to $87. I was able to bid multiple times by successively adding zones that didn't have the star-level that I was looking for. For example, there was only one zone with a 4*, but I bid 8 times, knowing that if I got a hit it would have to be in that zone.

After my unsuccessful bids, I decided to take the 'express deal' offer from priceline, where they give you the price but not the hotel. It was for a zone outside of the zones I was targeting, but acceptable to me. I decided to take that one rather than rebid in this zone and possibly get something with a lower rating.

Thanks for the reminder - I did indeed use the PRICELINE link but failed to mention it :-).

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]