Hotwire Hotel: Paris 5* help needed

Rich1962
By Rich1962,
in

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can help with a different offer.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Perhaps someone with more HOTWIRE experience can chime in, but isn't it generally accepted that any hotels you get through the "no-name" route are hotels that are offered at full price through their site? This should make it very easy to narrow down when dealing with a 5 star.

I may have just got lucky int he past but I used this approach and was successful in guessing my hotel before bidding.

If you do pick I notice that, using this strategy it is La Maison or Hotel Square. The amenties match only Hotel Square (and to the letter) but the problem is that it is 0.2miles out of the zones so I'm not sure....Perhaps someone with more experience bidding this way can help or at least shed some light on whether it's a good strategy.

I have recently used it in Barcelona and it worked. It makes some sense when dealing with the higher star levels as there are only a few properties avaiable to begin with. I'm going to try it out most likely during my upcoming trip but I won't be booking those hotels for another couple weeks. Sometimes I prefer HOTWIRE to PRICELINE because I can find out the amenities/location and such beforehand as I actually want specific ones occasionally.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]