Hotwire Hotel: 4* Los Angeles (Hollywood) W Hotel Hollywood

triig02
By triig02,
in

I'm looking to explore LA with my girlfriend and would like to stay 3 nights in an upscale/boutique 4* hotel whilst minimizing costs. I don't have a preference between the two areas I'm looking at - Beverly Hills or Hollywood...

My first question is how much the rate would increase if I check-in on Fri/Sat instead of a Sunday? We would much rather stay on a weekend, however, if the difference is significant we are willing to sacrifice the dates to get a better hotel.

Please help me define a bidding strategy for this. The maximum I'd be willing to pay is $170/nt for a weekend rate and $140 for a non-weekend rate. I would also try a 3.5* hotel if the rates are higher than my maximum bid.

Thank you BB!

EDIT: I looked at the rates from 6/1-6/4 which include Friday and Saturday, and the median rate is $282 as opposed to $307 for 6/2-6/5 and 6/3-6/6.

Question: Is $140-170 a decent bid for a $282 median rate?

The median price shown by priceline is meaningless and we don't recommend using this figure in a bidding strategy.

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

At the moment I think the weekends dates of 6/1-6/4 will offer you the best shot at getting something within your budget... but even still a 4* hotel in one of these two zones at $170 or less may be tough... a 3.5* at $140 or less may be difficult as well, but a little less so.

Since there is not a drastic difference in rates i would start with your preferred dates for a 4* hotel up to your maximum budget ($170 if that is your figure) and give it a try. If that fails i'm not sure if your desire would be to try for a 4* for a different set of dates OR lower to 3.5* for the same set of dates.

When bidding 4* in this region you have FOUR re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Beverly Hills...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Hollywood...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Beverly Hills and Hollywood...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Trying to identify Priceline Express Deal: 4* Beverly Hills - West Hollywood Hotel

One Night, 8-9/8-10

Guest Score: Rated 8.0 out of 10 (or higher)

Price: $142 (Other Sites: $287)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Thanks BB!

Need help identifying 4* Hollywood Area Hotel one night for 8/9-8/10.

Recommended in 90 % of Hotwire customer reviews

Price: $158 (does not show other site's price)

Amenities:

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Guests have access to exercise equipment; an additional charge may apply.

Pool(s)

Property offers at least one pool area; hours and dates of operation may be seasonal.

Restaurant(s)

Property offers at least one restaurant on the premises; hours and days of operation may vary.

Business Center

Guests have access to business equipment and services; an additional charge may apply.

High-Speed Internet Access

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Spa Services

Guests have access to a spa facility or spa services; an extra charge typically applies.

Accessible path of travel

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

In-room accessibility

Accessible path from the room entrance to the window, the bed and the bathroom; accessible hardware and minimal resistance to open the door; accessible temperature controls and window coverings

Wheelchair accessible

Wheelchair accessible common areas

Accessible bathroom

Raised toilet, hand-held shower and grab bars at the tub and toilet

Handicapped parking

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the follow-up.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board. Please remember to post your wins/decisions as you make them so that the information can help others in a timely manner.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]