Priceline Hotel: LA Bidding help

nzpod
By nzpod,
in

Hi,

I would like some bidding help please.

I am going to be in LA from 27th Dec to 30th Dec. 3 nights. AS a tourist.

I need two rooms one with a king and one twin.

I was hoping for a 4* hotel. In either Hollywood, Bev Hills or Downtown. in that order.

I also wanted parking and wifi.

Is it possible to get a deal with the restrictions of free parking, wifi and two rooms?

If so what is my best bidding strategy?

I have never bid on Priceline so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

I need two rooms one with a king and one twin.

All PRICELINE rooms are guaranteed to accommodate double occupancy, but room type/bed configuration is not something that you can stipulate. You can call the hotel after you learn the name of the hotel you win and make a request, but there is no guarantee that the hotel will be willing, or able, to accommodate your request.

I also wanted parking and wifi.

Is it possible to get a deal with the restrictions of free parking, wifi and two rooms?

I don't think free parking is common for the zones you're looking at... most hotels will likely charge for this regardless of how you book. While FREE internet and FREE parking can't be guaranteed with PRICELINE, you may want to look at HOTWIRE which does list these as descriptive features when showing the amenities of hotels. You could search HOTWIRE for your dates and location and see if any hotels are offered within your desired star rating, budget and zone that show the 'Free Parking' and/or 'Free Internet' amenities.

Based upon the above let us know if/how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was hoping for a 4* hotel. In either Hollywood, Bev Hills or Downtown. in that order.

Are you willing to pay more for a hotel in the Hollywood zone vs. the Beverly Hills/West Hollywood zone vs. the Downtown zone... OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or better for this leg of your trip?

Please confirm and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

What sort of price range do I need to be in for Hollywood and bev hills?

HOTWIRE has a Downtown 4* at $112 and a 3* for $102 for your dates. For Beverly Hills it only has a 3* at $128. It doesn't have anything at any star level for Hollywood. Hotwire can be a little higher than PRICELINE, but not necessarily so. In any case, HOTWIRE's information can give one a fairly good general idea as to what to expect from PRICELINE.

If you haven't found the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins here (under Tools), that can be a good source of bid information for your specific dates. I did check it for you this time, and as of yet no other bidders have reported anything there.

You also might like the information from MAPS and HOTELS.com (again, under Tools).

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]