Priceline Hotel: Bidding help 10/6-10/10

johnp012001
By johnp012001,
in

What have I done? I jumped on a great airfare deal, no struggling to get a good hotel deal! Don't know the area very well, but it appears that the nicest hotels and best tourist areas are downtown. ALL 3* and 4* are showing sold out, except they Wyndham Union Station, which is $179/night. Hotwire has a 3.5* for $53/night, which based on amenities, I think is the Millenium Maxwell House Metrocenter. (Hotwire amenities were: Airport shuttle, restaurant, swimming, fitness center, business center, and laundry. Millenium website is $78/night) This hotel doesn't have the best reviews, and doesn't seem to be in the ideal tourist area. I've bid upto $50 for DT 3*, $55 for 4*. I know this is early, and hopefully availability will improve as we get closer. Any suggestions for other bidding strategies, including other acceptable areas would be appreciated. Also, is this typical for Nashville? Before I bought the plane tickets, I searched online for anything going on that either I shouldn't miss, or that could cause hotel issues, and all I found was Octoberfest on 10/8. Thanks in advance!

What about EasyClickTravel?

I see a few ~2* hotels within the price range you mention above, as well as a few 3* for a bit higher.

Based upon their business model, they can often have rooms while the hotel's website is showing a sold-out condition.

Have you also considered SPLITTING YOUR BID?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]