Priceline Hotel: Looking for 4* NMA 9/14-9/17

Rojiviris
By Rojiviris,
in

Going to Chicago for a girl's weekend 9/14-9/17 and I am trying to book through priceline and have had no luck bidding up to $105. Heard the best areas would be Michigan Ave or Millenium Park.

What are more realistic bids for 4* ? What is the best suggestion for a quad occupancy? Can I aim for the same price on separate days and keep trying every 24 hrs? Are there any important events going on during those dates?

Would you suggest the loophole of adding a zone without 4*? Do I still have to increase te bid or can I add the other zone and lower or leave te same price?

Welcome to Betterbidding.

September starts to become more expensive in Chicago and prices start going higher into the late Fall/early Winter.

The issue with quad occupancy is that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy/1 bed - you could wind up with one bed. I would rather suggest HOTWIRE, where you can indicate the amount of people in the party and ensure some sort of bedding (2 beds commonly, but could be 1 + sofabed or other combo).

Please read this thread regarding re-bidding - Re-bidding, and let us know if you have questions.

What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I have read about Hotwire and the ability to select the quad occupancy, but I am tempted by the success I have had with priceline and the hotel deals I have had in the past. Its a personal goal to get a 4* in Chicago for under $150. I was just concerned about the fact that all my bids were rejected and wondered if it was way too low for the bid to be realistic. I was thinking of calling the hotel to request the 2 beds, after winning a bid.

I am also wondering about the waiting time before re-bidding (24 hrs?). Should I wait and then re-bid the same price and try this every day until someone takes it?

I was just concerned about the fact that all my bids were rejected and wondered if it was way too low for the bid to be realistic.

Have you already bid up to $150... if so, you're not likely too far away from a win.

I was thinking of calling the hotel to request the 2 beds, after winning a bid.

Sure you can call, but what if it's one of the Chicago hotels where standard rooms only have one bed? What if they say 'no'?

I am also wondering about the waiting time before re-bidding (24 hrs?). Should I wait and then re-bid the same price and try this every day until someone takes it?

Let us know the zones, star rating and bid amount you have already tried and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Going to Chicago for a girl's weekend and I am trying to book through priceline and have had no luck bidding from $97 to $115 in North Michigan Ave or Millenium Park.

What are more realistic bids for 4* ? What is the best suggestion for a quad occupancy? Can I aim for the same price on separate days and keep trying? Is it realistic to try every 24 hours and keep the same price?

Funny I saw this, I have been looking for the same weekend for a guys weekend. Just be careful with chicago using PRICELINE, there are several hotels they use that only have rooms with 1 bed. Unfortunately i found that out the hard way. We usually go in August and it does appear that its more expensive for Sept. Best I have seen is the 3.5 star for $162 which I believe is the Doubletree.

I am looking for 2 person occupancy(one bed) in this same area for the same weekend. Looking for a pricing strategy. Accidently I reserved 3 star sheratin for $70/night but for the wrong weekend (aug 19). I got that straighten out but need to make the correct reservation and the same Bid was rejected for NMA, Millenium Park and Greater Chicago.

I am looking for 2 person occupancy(one bed) in this same area for the same weekend. Looking for a pricing strategy. Accidently I reserved 3 star sheratin for $70/night but for the wrong weekend (aug 19). I got that straighten out but need to make the correct reservation and the same Bid was rejected for NMA, Millenium Park and Greater Chicago.

Welcome to Betterbidding. :)

Please post your Sheraton win as a separate thread. Additionally, please post the details of your stay as an additional thread and we would be happy to offer suggestions on how to proceed.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 1 year later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]