Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (Financial District-Embarcadero) Hilton San Francisco Financial District

jimmytan77
By jimmytan77,
in

PRICELINE only guarantees one bed/double occupancy - one can request two beds, but the hotel can say no or charge more.

HOTWIRE is a better choice if you are looking for two beds, as you can either indicate up to four people (and ensure bedding for the party) or if there is two people, one can indicate two adults and two children (even if there isn't two children) in order to get more than one bed (can be 2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway.)

Let us know how you would like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Thank you for using the site's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Hi there, thanks for your reply. I was trying to bid for the hotels in Fisherman's Whaft and Financial District with starting price of $110 but no luck. Travelling dates is Sept1-5. Please advice any tips on bidding? Hopefully looking for 3.5 star or hotels that are similar to Hyatt. Thank you.

I was trying to bid for the hotels in Fisherman's Whaft and Financial District with starting price of $110 but no luck.

So did you only bid $110 or did you go as high as your previously stated $120 range? I'm thinking ~$125-$145 may improve your chances, but let us know how high you have already bid and what number we should use as a maximum bid, we'll suggest a strategy or you to follow.

Also, are USE and USW not acceptable for your needs, as these are also frequently bid and including them would give more hotels the ability to accept your bid.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So you have already bid up to $140?

???

If so, there isn't much more you can do other than raise your budget, lower your star rating, include other zones, wait it out and hope for lower prices in the weeks ahead.

I do think you can be successful for a 4* hotel in the USE/USW zones at bids you have already tried, which is why i asked if these zones would be acceptable as well. Also, HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Financial District zone for $154/nite (i'm guessing the Hilton Financial District) if this is of any interest to you.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see the price came to within your budget and that you're pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

How much is it normally per night? I just signed up here and still trying to learn how to do a bidding. I had booked at the Travelodge by The Bay a few days ago. I might need to cancel it so i can try bidding here. I just found out about this site an hour ago. I prefer the Fisherman Wharf area. Thanks.

inquisitive,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

For help with your own stay please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then start a NEW TOPIC and include the dates of your stay, desired budget, star level, etc..

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]