Priceline Hotel: Help for 4* NYCSept. 19-22, 2012

bleelee999
By bleelee999,
in

I would like bidding strategy assistance for NYC for Sept. 19-22, 2012. My preference is 4* for the best price (maximum $200 +tax) in the following locations: ESB, MTW, MTE, TS, CPS, Chelsea, Soho. We know the city well, and can get around easily from almost anywhere. As a back up, I have booked the new POD39 @225, but my husband is not too keen on staying in such a small room. On the plus side, this is a newly opened hotel in a great location, but I still would like to try for something better. Thanks.

At current rates a 4* hotel within your budget is likely going to be difficult, but to give it a try:

At the 4* level in NYC you have SEVEN re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* ESB, MTW, MTE, Chelsea, Soho...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS and CPS...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $155, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTW, MTE, Chelsea, Soho, TS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTW, MTE, Chelsea, Soho, CPS...

Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $180, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* ESB, MTW, MTE, TS, CPS, Chelsea, Soho...

Bid $183, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $188, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $193, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $195, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $198, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $200

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is still time, but based upon current rates i think your chances are somewhat low... it's an expensive time of year and these dates are no exception. It would currently take closer to the high $200's or possibly $300+ for a 4*. I'm not seeing rates that much cheaper for 3.5* properties, so even if you were to win a 3.5* hotel now at $200 or less, i think it would still be a very good deal, imo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

This is a quick update to say that I have been bidding almost daily up to $225, still with no luck. I realize that this is a very expensive time of the year, but I am hesitant to increase my bid much higher than $225 as I have already booked my back up hotel at that rate. There is still some time left (before I have to cancel my back up Plan) so I will keep trying.

I have until 24 hours before (Sept 18) to cancel my backup hotel.. Since there is still some time, I am hoping that the rates will drop a bit. if not, we will use the back up plan...Pod 39. The only drawback about this hotel is the room size; my husband would prefer something larger. I will will keep you posted on my bidding. Thanks

• 1 month later...

I just want to let you know that I was unsuccessful in bidding for a 4* property withon our budget,,so we stayed at our backup hotel (Pod 39). In case thos property ever shows up on Priceline or Hotwire, the rooms are VERY small, but well designed and very clean. There is a really nice rooftop terrace and the staff are excellent. This property is in a great location (39th between 3rd and Lex), so all in all, if the price is right, it is a good choice!

Thanks for all your assistance, you guys rock!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]