Priceline Hotel: 3* Denver (Downtown) Crowne Plaza Hotel Denver

Wyomingtraveler
By Wyomingtraveler,
in

Hey all

Here are the results for my most recent hotel deal through Priceline.

I used the PRICELINE link from this site to start.

I was hoping to get a room at the Sheraton or Hyatt Regency, but that did not pan out and ended up with a room at the Crowne Plaza. I was able to get this room for $72 a night + taxes and fees which brought my total to $89.31. While this was more than I had paid in the past it was still better than the $119 rate found at the hotel's website.

As I needed room for Saturday night of this week I knew that I did not have a ton of time to bid, so I started my bidding slightly higher than normal. I started at $50, rather than my low ball bid of $35 or $40. Each after not placing a winning bid I would increase my bid by $5 and add another zone that did not any 3* or better properties. At $70 I then just $2 to my bid and finally got an acceptance message.

I like the location of the hotel, as is close to the 16th Street Mall and short RTD Bus ride to Coors Field. My step-dad and I are going to game that night, while explores the mall. In all I am happy with what I got, despite not getting one the hotels I had in the past.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]